Alan Hutton

Rich_D

As I posted following the news on Gabby, its good to see the club acting like a football club and protecting its assets.

We could have lost both Gabby and Hutton on free's along with other players this summer, now we've got them secured.

Excellent news and not the last I'm sure.

Agreed. You can't let an asset walk out the door for nothing regardless of what has gone on.

I have no doubt if he plays like he can, we have got a £5m+ player come the end of the season

The cost of extended Hutton's contract(on a smaller salary I would imagine) versus the cost of going out and buying an international RB, along with the salaries and fees involved.

• Like 2

Totally and utterly deserved. If I were treated like he was I doubt I'd give villa the time of day anymore, but he has really worked hard and completely turned it around. No one is more deserving of this recognition from the club.

As I posted following the news on Gabby, its good to see the club acting like a football club and protecting its assets.

We could have lost both Gabby and Hutton on free's along with other players this summer, now we've got them secured.

Is it down to how the players are playing though?

It could also be down to how a (takeover owner) looks at our club.

Buyer: So how much are you selling the club and it's assets for Randy?

Randy: Well I really would like 200 Million for them.

Buyer: Can I see how you come to this valuation?

Randy: Sure (hands over all the clubs files)

Buyer: I see that serveral of your players will soon be out of contract and will be able to leave the club for nothing, If I were to buy the club I'd have to offer them new contracts and because I'm a new owner they'll want more money.

Buyer: I'm interested in buying the club, but you'll have to get these players penned down to new deals without offering them much more than they're on now.

Randy: I'll get my guys onto that right now.

Buyer: Speak soon!

(One can wish)

Well done to Alan for earning it, and well done to the club for giving him a new contract.

Without wanting to go too off topic, isn't it just too much good news we've had since the summer? I could get used to supporting this sensible club.....

No, sorry. Not wishing to piss on your chips but I don't believe its an indication of anything relating to the attempted sale of the club.

No, sorry. Not wishing to piss on your chips but I don't believe its an indication of anything relating to the attempted sale of the club.

I was just about to spoof post 'this means the takeover is definitely on'  !!! - Can't beleive that some people in all seriousness thought this.

Fair play to AH - Never complained, and has come back into the side clearly motivated despite being outcast through no fault of his own.....would love to know the salary he has signed up to....

• Like 1

I know it isn't, my fingers felt like typing and my mind egged them on.

Hutton said not so long ago that he had no problem with PL and they've always spoke about his situation at the club, he's been given a chance to get back into the team and he's took it, took it bloody well too.

Hutton had a good start to the season and has handleiding his bomb Squad Status very well the last 2 seasons, not sure if that's enough to deserve new contract though.

If it's because of his good run the last few games, I would say albrighton deserved the same.

Â