Alan Hutton

Rich_D

holy sh*t

so from being put in the bomb squad by villa, totally derided by fans, shipped around on loan to whoever would take him...

then comes back into the team, plays well in 4 games, given a 3-year contract, and loved by the fans.

WTF!

I'm glad to say that I was one of the fans who never thought he was as bad as was often made out.

In Lambert's defence, there definately seems to have been some U-Turn in the players on higher wages being allowed to play for us again!

What on earth, he's had 4 games this season that is very rash to be giving him a new contract.

He was also apparently on too much money? I highly doubt he has signed a deal for less money than he was on before.

Very confusing.

I wouldn't be shocked if he had signed a deal on lower wages. Or maybe lower wages after this 1 final year on his current wage.

How old is he? 29? Considering the contract will run until he's 32, I can see how a player would accept that.

What on earth, he's had 4 games this season that is very rash to be giving him a new contract.

He was also apparently on too much money? I highly doubt he has signed a deal for less money than he was on before.

Very confusing.

It is called protecting your investment, much better than letting him leave on a free in the summer and have to spend a few more million on ANOTHER fullback.

I reckon he has taken a pay cut too.

We are doing some **** fantastic busieness right now.

Â