Alan Hutton

Rich_D

Pleased for Alan. Happy to see contracts being sorted out while the club is in limbo. But I'm starting to get the feeling that Lerner might end up ripping up the for sale signs. If he already hasn't.

This is a bit of an odd one.

Forced out the squad for 2 years, then plays 4 games and gets/deserves a new contract.

I don't deny it looks good business atm, but it is only a couple months he's been back in the squad, are we that sure what we've seen on the pitch the past 4 games is a true representation of how good he actually is.

Seems a bit early to get him signed up to me.

I've never had anything against Hutton and never thought he was deserving of the ridicule he received from some quaters, so in that sense I'm happy he is staying.

After the last 2yrs however, this just shows us up for the joke we have become.

I'm fully expecting Antonio Luna to return from his loan spell and be made Captain once some prat at the club decides to give Ron a couple of years off.

Lerner's fault? Lambert's fault? I think this makes them both look like idiots tbh.

Edited by av1

are we that sure what we've seen on the pitch the past 4 games is a true representation of how good he actually is.

While I agree it does seem like a bit of a risk, to be fair to Hutton he's been in great form for Scotland for ages. I only saw him a few times for Bolton but he looked reasonable for them too.

It's only been his first season here where he looked naff. Pretty much our entire team (many of whom had finished 6th) looked naff that season though.

HIlarious. 

Isn't it?

Hilarious that we all thought he was a load of old crap and was a scape goat for the McLeish era. We hoped he would move to another club, even on a free.

Hilarious that we went and spanked £3mil on a right back from Sheffield United because he was young and the club thought we'd save money on wages overall. That same right back isn't even 2nd choice anymore. 

Hilarious that we were leaking goals for 2 years when Hutton was smashing it whenever he played for Scotland, but we left him out anyway out of principle.

Hilarious that he's now come back in and playing a blinder.

Hilarious that we're now pleased he signed another contract.

Hilarious that we're 2nd in the league.

HIlarious. 

Hilarious that we went and spanked £3mil on a right back from Sheffield United because he was young and the club thought we'd save money on wages overall. That same right back isn't even 2nd choice anymore. 

The same right back who's goal at Stoke had a massive hand in keeping us up, and his man of the match performance against Sunderland also had a big bearing on us getting the 3 points.

• Like 1

HIlarious.

Isn't it?

Hilarious that we all thought he was a load of old crap and was a scape goat for the McLeish era. We hoped he would move to another club, even on a free.

Hilarious that we were leaking goals for 2 years when Hutton was smashing it whenever he played for Scotland, but we left him out anyway out of principle.

Not wishing to speak for Omarigy, but he may be looking at the whole "Hutton episode" and referring to the club as opposed to Hutton himself.

Can't imagine Grealish and Delph will be too far behind now and you never know, with this tide of good feeling Vlaar might even want a piece of the action.

We really are the good news club at the moment aren't we?!

Yes indeed we are.  You can probably add Lambert to that trio as well. :thumb:

• Like 1

Was it rumoured that he was on big wages before? And that why he was frozen out? I'd be interested to know whether he took a pay cut to stay at the club although I imagine that is unlikely. I am happy for Alan his attitude after being frozen out for so long was exemplary and rare in players nowadays. He is a tough player and I like his rough style, a beard would be immense. Go on Alan you know its the right thing to do.

HIlarious. 

The same right back who's goal at Stoke had a massive hand in keeping us up, and his man of the match performance against Sunderland also had a big bearing on us getting the 3 points.

Yes I agree he did contribute to us staying up that season but I was referring to the farce of bombing out Hutton, spending money on Lowton as a replacement, continuing to pay Hutton's wages for two years whilst announcing he won't play for the club again and then bringing him back and offering him a new contract.

HIlarious.

Isn't it?

Not wishing to speak for Omarigy, but he may be looking at the whole "Hutton episode" and referring to the club as opposed to Hutton himself.

You are probably right and I certainly got that too, it is indeed a farce - but one of the points I was making is that the fans (including myself) are just as guilty of performing a U turn as the club. 

I mean, if someone would have told us in January that we'd offer Hutton a new contract and most of us would be pleased about it, we would have laughed at them.

I wonder if we'll sign Barry Bannan in the January transfer window funded by Doug Ellis' millions.

HIlarious.

Isn't it?

You are probably right and I certainly got that too, it is indeed a farce - but one of the points I was making is that the fans (including myself) are just as guilty of performing a U turn as the club. 

I mean, if someone would have told us in January that we'd offer Hutton a new contract and most of us would be pleased about it, we would have laughed at them.

I wonder if we'll sign Barry Bannan in the January transfer window funded by Doug Ellis' millions.

Con likes this.

Â