Alan Hutton

Rich_D

I'd just like to say, I think it was only I and another poster who didn't throw him under a bus after that dreadful McLeish showing. Was it ForfarVilla? We deserve points for this. I am scoring them for both of us.

my last reply was deleted but yea it was me and we were lambasted for it, just as it was last month when I mentioned how well he had played for Scotland even through the wilderness years. Said he was a quality player, mocked for it

I'd just like to say, I think it was only I and another poster who didn't throw him under a bus after that dreadful McLeish showing. Was it ForfarVilla? We deserve points for this. I am scoring them for both of us.

my last reply was deleted but yea it was me and we were lambasted for it, just as it was last month when I mentioned how well he had played for Scotland even through the wilderness years. Said he was a quality player, mocked for it

Well done guys.

Have a gold star.

300x300xgold-star-300x300.jpg.pagespeed.

• Like 2

Well done guys.

Have a gold star.

cheers.....also, further proof that positivity is mocked. Well played

Bizarre decision. A couple of decent games and he gets a new contract? It better be on much reduced wages. As for him as a footballer I don't rate him and I think he'll be exposed over the course of the season. Also he's an absolute thug on the pitch and is a Red card waiting to happen. This seems to be one of those decisions when a new CEO comes in and does things to show "I'm not like the last guy, I'm different and things are going to change around here".

Well done guys.

Have a gold star.

Maybe a smiley face stamp?

ForfarVillan, does your sharing of the praise regarding Hutton mean that you are not an independence seeker ? ;)

Bizarre decision. A couple of decent games and he gets a new contract? It better be on much reduced wages. As for him as a footballer I don't rate him and I think he'll be exposed over the course of the season. Also he's an absolute thug on the pitch and is a Red card waiting to happen. This seems to be one of those decisions when a new CEO comes in and does things to show "I'm not like the last guy, I'm different and things are going to change around here".

With you on this.  Dont rate him either, very poor positionally.  Dont expect many off sides when he is playing.

Errr I am calling WHAT THE F***?

Not allowed to play him for years plays 4 games well and gets a new 3 year deal.

Seriously this deserves CLEAR clarification on why he wasn't played.

It's clear the decision was not Lamberts. The minute he was allowed bring him back into the fold, he did and threw him in the team. 

It must have been enforced on him, here is the wage bill you are allowed have, the rest need to be sold / loaned out. 

He had to freeze Hutton out due to his wages and nothing else. Must be horrible place to be in as a manager, you can't pick these players because they are paid too much!!!

• Like 1

He's made a strong start to the season but I'm slightly surprised he's got a new contract off the back of four games. Hopefully he can keep it up.

Don't forget that by extending the contract, we re-monetise an asset that would otherwise walk away on a free. Hopefully his good form continues so that VT members can all speculate as to how much the club are going to sell him for, a la Benteke and Vlaar.

;)

I think it would have been more reasonable to see how he plays for the next few months, and give him a contract in November/December if his good form continues. But this could have easily resulted in him planning to leave us in January/Summer to another club. If that had happened, we'd all be moaning that we didn't sign him up for a new deal sooner, so I'm happy he's been given a new contract. It avoids us having ANOTHER position to fill next summer.

I was pleased with this initially given how Hutton's been performing in the first few games and in pre-season, but then I thought... hang on, if this works out it will mean we have decent options in both full-back positions. But this is Villa, so we know that's not possible. Ergo this can't work out and it must be a bad idea. QEf'ingD!

Edited by Intercourse_The_Penguin

Thought he did ok tonight, given that he's had no pre-season to speak of.

Dare I ask it, is he worth keeping as cover for the Lowster?

Answers on a postcard.........................

I remember posting this after the Eng-Scot game last year. It got some interesting replies.

ForfarVillan, does your sharing of the praise regarding Hutton mean that you are not an independence seeker ? ;)

On the contrary sir I will be ticking the yes box

Thought he did ok tonight, given that he's had no pre-season to speak of.

Dare I ask it, is he worth keeping as cover for the Lowster?

Answers on a postcard.........................

I remember posting this after the Eng-Scot game last year. It got some interesting replies.

I remember the game and I remember him playing really well, as he almost always has for Scotland and thinking "this is going to confuse the **** out of VT".

Â