Alan Hutton

Rich_D

I'm pleased for Hutton, he's never said a bad word about the situation, he's just expressed a desire to play.

Hopefully this will lead to something more permanent for both him and the club.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Back in the squad then...

Paul Lambert has made a U-turn by opening the door to Darren Bent and Alan Hutton being reintegrated into Aston Villa’s first team while confirming that the midfieder Marc Albrighton has been released. The Villa manager, whose future remains in doubt because of the possibility of a takeover, said “everyone is on the same level playing field” when they report for pre-season.

Lambert’s previous position was to freeze out Bent and Hutton in the hope of selling them to reduce the wage bill. It is understood that Randy Lerner, the Villa owner, has encouraged Lambert to utilise both players during the final 12 months of their contracts. “Everybody’s even now, everybody’s level,” Lambert said. “It’s public knowledge what’s happened [in the past] and now everyone is on the same level playing field.”

Bent, Villa’s record signing when he joined from Sunderland in January 2011 for a fee rising to £24m, was loaned out to Fulham last season after being used sparingly by Lambert in the previous campaign. Hutton, who was signed by Alex McLeish in 2012, has not kicked a ball for Villa under Lambert and there was no indication that situation would change. “It will be unlikely he will ever play here, he knows that, but we need to get the [wage] structure down to a level,” Lambert said in February.

The manager is now taking a different view, perhaps mindful that there is no guarantee what transfer deals will go through if the club has not been sold this summer and, as a result, what sort of squad he will have at his disposal going into the new campaign. “The only uncertainty we’ve got, which is the main uncertainty, is how long before [the club’s] sold,” Lambert said.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/may/20/aston-villa-paul-lambert-darren-bent-u-turn?CMP=twt_gu

That squelchy-whirring sound you can hear, that's the combination of fan and shit.

• Like 1

Releasing Albrighton. Then being told to use Bent and Hutton, probably because there will be very limited funds.

I think we are truly ****.

If we have limited transfer funds, why release Albrighton?

Releasing Albrighton. Then being told to use Bent and Hutton, probably because there will be very limited funds.

Probably because we would not match 35k a week in wages that other clubs are reported to match.

We pay his wages so why not use him. Much as I like Bacuna he is not a RB. If Hutton can inject a little bite into our powder puff defence I am struggling to see the problem.

If Lerner has cut off the money we may not have been able to offer him a new contract. 

Â