Alan Hutton

Rich_D

He and Bent will be gone by the time the season starts. Possibly Given as well.

If not then they just add depth.. Hutton.. as bad as hes been.. everyone was shit under McLeish. He may find some form. Lambert has given them all a clean slate. So have I. Lets see what they got.

Knowing WBA they will offer about 2k a week towards his contract.

I think we are stuck with paying the final year of his deal with regardless, at least make the ****er work for it.

* I still don't want him starting, he is atrocious.

You must realise that some fool gave him that deal.

Fair enough to criticise his quality, but unfair to criticise him for grabbing a good deal when he got the chance.

Injuries could leave us playing:

Steer

Hutton - Clark - Senderos - Baker - Bennett

Herd - Sylla - KEA

Weimann - Helenius

Shame Bowery, Delf and Holt aren't around as it could have still been worse.

To be honest though I don't have a massive issue with Hutton, at the end of the McCleish era he was playing ok, certainly better than Lowton ever has. But people remember him for the first half of Big Eck's season which is fair enough.

Everyone can have an opinion, but that one is wrong.

I may have imagined it, but I swear he had 4 or 5 games were he played ok and the criticism stopped.... briefly. Remember this was also when we were playing a team of 10 defenders, but he was certainly one of the better defenders towards the end and stopped the horrendous tackles.

He has also done ok for Scotland and on loan when he played.

The fact of the matter is probably better than Bacuna or Lowton, crap as that might be.

It's much easier to hate and go with the crowd though, so erm... yeah Boo hiss, you're the devil Alan

*gets baying mob together with flaming torches to drive him out*

Edited by VillanousOne

I'll start joining in with the hate fest on Alan Hutton when all the alternatives are so much better....couldn't put a cigarette paper between them.

• Like 1

I'll start joining in with the hate fest on Alan Hutton when all the alternatives are so much better....couldn't put a cigarette paper between them.

Indeed.  He a shit player alright, but then nobody bought was any better, and he wasn't given the chance to improve, which strikes me as unfair.  Bombing him out has achieved precisely nothing.

• Like 2

Indeed.  He a shit player alright, but then nobody bought was any better, and he wasn't given the chance to improve, which strikes me as unfair.  Bombing him out has achieved precisely nothing.

Aside from saving on his wages during his time away from the club and you would imagine performance related elements while he has been here.

Sadly, saving money on wages seems to have been one of the main directives at the club these last two years.

Aside from saving on his wages during his time away from the club and you would imagine performance related elements while he has been here.

Sadly, saving money on wages seems to have been one of the main directives at the club these last two years.

I can't imagine that we recouped much in the way of wage-related loan fees for Hutton.  And whatever we did get in, we'll probably lose as a result of his treatment making him almost unselllable.  If he'd stayed around, we might have shifted him for a couple of million, but I doubt we'll get anything now for him.

Also take into account the fee and wages paid for his replacement.

2 if you include Bacuna as a replacement as he as played RB most of season too.

Nursey in Mirror reporting show down talks after Lambert blocked Hutton moving to WBA as he has been reinstated to the first team.

Alan Hutton demands showdown talks with Paul Lambert after West Brom switch blocked
With Villa now up for sale and have limited cash for new players, Lambert has put Hutton back in his first team squad

PA Jonas-Gutierrez.jpg
Out in the cold: Lambert has not selected the Scottish international for two years

Alan Hutton wants crunch talks with Paul Lambert after the Aston Villa boss surprisingly blocked a move to West Brom.

Villa chief Lambert has not selected right-back Hutton, 29, in TWO seasons.

Lambert has loaned him out to Nottingham Forest, Real Mallorca and Bolton to save on his £30,000-a-week wages.

But now Villa are up for sale and have limited cash for new players, Lambert has put Hutton back in his first team squad.

He has told interested neighbours Albion that the Scottish international full-back is not for sale.

But Hutton, who has 12 months left at Villa Park, fancies regular games and a longer contract at WBA.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/alan-hutton-demands-showdown-talks-3837513#ixzz374FkhZUW
Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook
Edited by VillanousOne

they were probably wanting us to pay the majority of his wages I would imagine. if that is the case we may as well keep him.

Edited by KSV
  • Like 1

Â