Alan Hutton

Rich_D

No revision here, Hutton was not the worst player in the world but his lack of judgement meant he was a liability, a red card in the making in an awful lot of games.

Do you really want to go back to the days of watching last gasp challenges through your fingers?

I know players get better once they have been out for a while but with him its getting ridiculous.

Show me where anybody has said that he's got better for being out of the team?   Has anybody defended on him based on the fact that he's a great player?

Or are people just questioning the logic behind paying a player £40K a week and completely ignoring him?

Anybody saying that we should give him a go is saying he is better.

Reason why he isnt training with senior squads is because we are trying to force him out. No club is going to give him 40k a week so ball is being put in his court. Take a pay cut to play football or rot at Villa.

Seems we're just going round in circles. But, just to re-emphasise, that is a really useless strategy and there is no reason why it will succeed in forcing him out.

Suppose your boss said to you one day: "I don't rate you and I don't want you to do any more work for me. You will still be employed by us and you will get paid the same very generous salary, and you can sit with the apprentices and trainees and share their facilities.

"The International department will still call you to go to conferences from time to  because, unlike me, they still rate you.

"But if you want a regular workload, you will have to leave for another company who will pay you a lot less."

There is no logical reason why anyone in those circumstances would leave.

• Like 1

The reported £30 grand a week he signed for is hardly mega money by premiership standards. My personal belief is the reason he hasn't even had a sniff not even in cup is that if he plays another game we are obligated to raise his wages or he would be due an automatic contract extention. And he just isn't worth it.

• Like 1

The reported £30 grand a week he signed for is hardly mega money by premiership standards. My personal belief is the reason he hasn't even had a sniff not even in cup is that if he plays another game we are obligated to raise his wages or he would be due an automatic contract extention. And he just isn't worth it.

My thinking also, no way is it over 30 grand, and if it is, we are much worse off than I thought!

Reason why he isnt training with senior squads is because we are trying to force him out. No club is going to give him 40k a week so ball is being put in his court. Take a pay cut to play football or rot at Villa.

Seems we're just going round in circles. But, just to re-emphasise, that is a really useless strategy and there is no reason why it will succeed in forcing him out.

Suppose your boss said to you one day: "I don't rate you and I don't want you to do any more work for me. You will still be employed by us and you will get paid the same very generous salary, and you can sit with the apprentices and trainees and share their facilities.

"The International department will still call you to go to conferences from time to because, unlike me, they still rate you.

"But if you want a regular workload, you will have to leave for another company who will pay you a lot less."

Yes but my work career will last allot longer than whats left of Huttons football career.

No revision here, Hutton was not the worst player in the world but his lack of judgement meant he was a liability, a red card in the making in an awful lot of games.

Do you really want to go back to the days of watching last gasp challenges through your fingers?

I know players get better once they have been out for a while but with him its getting ridiculous.

Show me where anybody has said that he's got better for being out of the team?   Has anybody defended on him based on the fact that he's a great player?

Or are people just questioning the logic behind paying a player £40K a week and completely ignoring him?

Anybody saying that we should give him a go is saying he is better.

Sigh.  No.  No, they're not saying that at all.

Its £39 k a week. Confirmed by more than 1 journo on twitter including Kendrick

The reason given was he was wanted by Fulham too, on deadline day & we gave him a ridiculous wage to get him here

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-transfers-alan-hutton-3189912

Scotland defender has been told he's unlikely to play for the Villans again and has the experience Championship Trotters need after a spate of injuries

Aston-Villa-Training-818648.jpg

Push the Hutton: Villa are poised to finally get their Scotland full-back out the door

Aston Villa’s forgotten man Alan Hutton is in talks with Bolton about a deal for the rest of the season.

Scotland right-back Hutton should end his exile on Friday by joining Dougie Freedman’s Championship side on loan in time for Saturday's derby against Blackburn.

Hutton has been out of the Villans’ plans for the whole campaign after returning in the summer from a successful stint on loan with Real Mallorca in Spain.

Now the 29-year-old is poised to help out Freedman, who wants an experienced player after losing Matt Mills and Darren Pratley this week.

The deal for Hutton was being finalised on Thursday night as the clubs sorted out how to split his £40,000-a-week salary between them.

Bolton definitely need the former Rangers and Spurs defender signed as they are down to the bare bones at the back and their squad overall is stretched by a spate of blows.

Pratley’s season could be over - because a screw snapped in an old shoulder injury. The midfielder ‘popped’ his shoulder at the weekend and hoped he would be fit to carry on but may now need an operation that will rule him out for months

Edited by Mendi

It will just be another loan and he'll return in the summer and we'll be back to square one. Bolton are very much cost cutting at the minute so no chance they'll take him on full time.

I suppose with just a year left on his deal, maybe we could offer him a settlement to get him off the books, I remember we got rid of Beye a few months before his deal actually ran out and he was on a similar wage to Hutton.

It will just be another loan and he'll return in the summer and we'll be back to square one. Bolton are very much cost cutting at the minute so no chance they'll take him on full time.

I suppose with just a year left on his deal, maybe we could offer him a settlement to get him off the books, I remember we got rid of Beye a few months before his deal actually ran out and he was on a similar wage to Hutton.

he's on a contract for another 15/16 months. every month we can get someone else to pay some of his wages is a victory compared to us paying all of them, so the prospect of Bolton taking him for 3 months is great news. if he plays well it might encourage someone else to take him permanently (most likely involving us paying off a big chunk of his wages) or on a whole season loan and then he's gone.

"The International department will still call you to go to conferences from time to  because, unlike me, they still rate you.

Yes there is. Ambition.

That's not even really a comment on Hutton (although you could argue the case)

Just in your analogy, ambition would be a huge logical reason to leave. I'd leave in that scenario.

Edited by Stevo985

Ambition might be a reason to go against logic and take a lower wage, but it would not be economically rational.

And to go back to the original point, if Lambo thought he could get rid of Hutton by stirring his thoughts of ambition, looks like it was a big mistake.

Ambition might be a reason to go against logic and take a lower wage, but it would not be economically rational.

And to go back to the original point, if Lambo thought he could get rid of Hutton by stirring his thoughts of ambition, looks like it was a big mistake.

it would be economically rational. If you were ambitious enough to think that your performances elsewhere, despite the lower wage would get you a better job in the future.

If I was given the choice of carrying on in my job for my current wage but with no chance of promotion ever or take a pay cut with the opportunity to show my skills and climb the job ladder then I'd more than likely take the second option.

It's not a direct comparison, obviously. Hutton getting paid in a week what I do in a year changes the face of the analogy somewhat. And f you think what you're currently paid is the absolute most you would ever get paid in your career, then yes the analogy makes more sense.

I'm just saying I don't think the analogy works.

In fact I'd argue that the logical thing to do (depending on the stage of your career) would be to take the pay cut.

Edit: with regards your second point, I still don't think there's anything to prove that Hutton hasn't taken any opportunity available to leave. He went to the bottom of La Liga on loan and Lambert himself has said nobody else came in for him in the summer.

I gather (and admit I could be wrong) that given the opportunity, Hutton would have left.

So yes Lambert's plan has failed, but I don't think it's down to a lack of desire to leave from Hutton. It's down to nobody wanting to take on a defender getting paid 40k a week who isn't playing (i.e. showing he's any good)

Edited by Stevo985

Â