Alan Hutton

Rich_D

I don't see that it matters much whether the policy was driven by Lerner, Lambert, or even Faulkner, it is a policy that has left us in a very weak position re selling Hutton, which some people have been trying to point out for a while.

However, it would put Lambert's constant reassurances about the bomb squad, that he was taking decisions solely for the good of the team, into some kind of different perspective.

I'm not sure anyone has ever argued that it put us in anything other than a week position re selling him.

As for the second part of your post, I'm not sure I've seen these constant reassurances but what was he supposed to say? Lerner won't let me play them?

Way I see it Lambert has to a large extent carried the van for Lerner these last two years and has perhaps had enough.

• Like 2

If Hutton was very upset about not playing he could always negotiate a way out if his contract with the club and try his luck as a free agent. I think he knows he's on a good thing here though.

Edited by LondonLax

Hutton' s deal to west brom fell thru after we asked for 60 million.....based on him being better than david Luiz

In seriousness tho. ....he's probably our best right back. ...sad to say but he's better than Lowton

Based on his performances in 11/12, really? I'm not a great fan of Bacuna at RB but most of the time he put in better performances than Hutton did imo.

Surely not yet another case of a player out of the team for a while and people automatically rate him better than he actually is.

Based on his performances in 11/12, really? I'm not a great fan of Bacuna at RB but most of the time he put in better performances than Hutton did imo.

Surely not yet another case of a player out of the team for a while and people automatically rate him better than he actually is.

Well, I agree with you, but that pretty much has to be what the club think. He's surely too expensive to keep if he's 3rd choice. 

Maybe it's a straight fight between Hutton and Lowton for the right back spot, with Bacuna being used in midfield. Or if we play with wingbacks maybe he's Bacunas competition and Lambert wants to utilise Lowton elsewhere. Or maybe Lowtons out of favour and will be loaned out or sold. The only thing we do know is we won't know Lamberts plans until we start playing friendlies and see the kind of players and formations he's thinking of using

I'm very much in the minority but I don't think we'd have struggled nearly as much last season with Hutton in the team. He's a good player who's become a major scapegoat.........a major bellend but a cracking player.

I'm very much in the minority but I don't think we'd have struggled nearly as much last season with Hutton in the team. He's a good player who's become a major scapegoat.........a major bellend but a cracking player.

Alan

Hutton

Cracking

Player

• Like 2

Alan

Hutton

... (Leg)

Cracking

Player

if this is a 'blankety blank' quiz question - I've filled in the answer!

• Like 3

yup there we go. Strange that he puts in great performances time and again at international level. Clearly there's a good player there. Carry on though

With Scotland he's surrounded by International players. maybe he's not so good surrounded by less experienced players?

Whatever the reason he can only be picked for Villa on his performances for Villa and they were not great performances. Performances in training and attitude will all have an impact and we have no idea about that aspect.

I don't believe the way he has been treated has no reason behind it, just because as a fan I have no idea what that reason is.

yup there we go. Strange that he puts in great performances time and again at international level. Clearly there's a good player there. Carry on though

With Scotland he's surrounded by International players. maybe he's not so good surrounded by less experienced players?

Whatever the reason he can only be picked for Villa on his performances for Villa and they were not great performances. Performances in training and attitude will all have an impact and we have no idea about that aspect.

I don't believe the way he has been treated has no reason behind it, just because as a fan I have no idea what that reason is.

when he played here he was in defence with Warnock, Dunne and Colins with Given behind them. hardly a young team

If nothing else he'll be another hand holder for the kids. It's been Vlaar and Guzan and a bunch of kids for the last two seasons. The Bosmans and Bent and Hutton coming into the fold could have as much an effect on the the young guys as they do on the first team themselves.

Â