Alan Hutton

Rich_D

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I was very critical of Hutton the season we got relegated because I remember instances where he would just stroll back. But thinking back It’s hard to judge any of players we had that year such was the poisonous atmosphere at the club.

The last 2 years I think he has played the best football he has since his Rangers days and this is purely down to his hard work to keep himself n peak condition as he gets older.

Hats off to him. True professional. 

Completely agree with every word of this.

You can see it in him he is a reformed player and what we mean to him as a club. This is his 8th season with us.

His awesome wonder goal yesterday combined with his crunching double tackle in the game has put him firmly up there in Villa's hall of fame for sure.

That goal reminded me of the one Micah Richards scored against us when he played for Man City (his first league goal), then swore in his interview afterwards :lol:  

Huttons diet must exclusively be made up of haggis, I don't know many 87 year olds who could have done what he did yesterday. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I was very critical of Hutton the season we got relegated because I remember instances where he would just stroll back. But thinking back It’s hard to judge any of players we had that year such was the poisonous atmosphere at the club.

The last 2 years I think he has played the best football he has since his Rangers days and this is purely down to his hard work to keep himself n peak condition as he gets older.

Hats off to him. True professional. 

I've always thought his main flaw was timing and positioning. In his early days he tended to get caught out and if he recovered it was with a crazy tackle. But be always had effort. 

It seems however he has gotten more aware positionally, especially at left back,  and he is without a doubt one of our best players IMO. Ofc. he will have the odd blunder, but I can only think of Chester, McG,  Grealish to be the players I name faster for a position in the first eleven. 

39 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

That goal reminded me of the one Micah Richards scored against us when he played for Man City (his first league goal), then swore in his interview afterwards :lol:  

Huttons diet must exclusively be made up of haggis, I don't know many 87 year olds who could have done what he did yesterday. 

I may well be wrong but think you're confusing two goals, Richards' goal was a header IIRC and was in the FA Cup, think you might be thinking of Kompany's goal against us in a 3-1 home defeat where he ran through the middle of the defence....or I'm totally wrong, in which cass ignore me ha! 

• Like 1

Have to say fair balls to Hutton. I've been critical of him and still would be as one goal doesn't suddenly make me rate him as a player overall, but that goal was something else and he's created a moment in time which is something that many players better than him haven't been able to do over the years. Definitely a special moment.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I may well be wrong but think you're confusing two goals, Richards' goal was a header IIRC and was in the FA Cup, think you might be thinking of Kompany's goal against us in a 3-1 home defeat where he ran through the middle of the defence....or I'm totally wrong, in which cass ignore me ha! 

You might be right! 😮  

17 minutes ago, Raver50032 said:

After that mesmeric run and goal, I am awaiting the inevitable links with Manchester United. They seem to like poaching our stars.

😉

I m looking forward to him doing it again on Wednesday eve !!!  

• Like 1

Â