Alan Hutton

Rich_D

I actually thought he was a bit unlucky with that goal. He basically wins it then slips over. Unsteady on his feet I suppose though.

Must start ahead of Taylor left back though. About as big of an upgrade over him as Elmo is over Hutton himself at RB. Marginal gains which we need at the back.

Edited by Tomaszk
  • Like 1

On a positive note I think his attacking play has improved under Smith, he doesnt do the headless running forward anymore and seems to look up to try make a pass

Played good pass to Tammy 1st half

• Like 1

He is better than Taylor, he can have that. But by the end of the day he is a 34 year old right back that frequently make defensive errors. Should be replaced in the summer, this should be his last season at the club.

I know it's harsh considering his passion for the club, but if you want to be successful you need to have the balls to take ruthless decisions, we need to look to the future and we can do alot better than Alan Hutton.

Edited by villalad21
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

He is better than Taylor, he can have that. But by the end of the day he is a 34 year old right back that frequently make defensive errors. Should be replaced in the summer, this should be his last season at the club.

I know it's harsh considering his passion for the club, but if you want to be successful you need to have the balls to take ruthless decisions, we need to look to the future and we can do alot better than Alan Hutton.

I think he is a capable back up and most people do. Sadly most managers think he is a starter and the fact our other full back options are hopeless at times

We should have stuck with Elmo at right back in my opinion, Hutton gets caught out of position defensively too often putting pressure on the back 4 (as per the first goal)

Going forward he is the better option, but when you have Bolasie or El Ghazi in front you don't need to be playing a wing back role.

I love Hutton's energy and attitude and the fact that he never gives less than 100%.

On the debit side is the fact that he can have a couple of bad errors in him every game often due to his lack of positional sense.

The ref and linesman cost us last night's game so I'm not blaming Hutton, but his errors will continue to add points to the goals against column. Elmo is a better right back in my opinion.

19 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

I love Hutton's energy and attitude and the fact that he never gives less than 100%.

On the debit side is the fact that he can have a couple of bad errors in him every game often due to his lack of positional sense.

The ref and linesman cost us last night's game so I'm not blaming Hutton, but his errors will continue to add points to the goals against column. Elmo is a better right back in my opinion.

We will be more defensive solid with Elmo, we will be more of an attacking threat with Hutton. Take your pick

He had a decent game overall and just unfortunate for his error last night in their first goal.

I loved that brilliant challenge he made to thwart the WBA attack late in the game. Absolute top draw defending at it's finest.

Also reassuring to know we are fortunate to have someone of Aldo's quality who is able to slot in at LB and give a good performance.

He gives his all every game.

I think Hutton is good at this level, so unless there's better available in Jan then the position is his. He'll have to be replaced at least next season so if we can get someone good this window then we should go for it. 

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

At the end of the day he is a 34 year old right back. Been a good servant to the club but after the season it's time to say goodbye.

Na..

He would be a useful Back-up option for our first season back in the PL imo.

As a versatile as he is, he would be handy for cup games and his experience for the players coming through etc. 

I think we will be looking at long term quality eventually but right now I think until such quality can be attained to nail doen and command the first place RB or LB position then aldo is fine.

I would say a 1yr extension wouldn't do any harm.

Edited by AvfcRigo82
  • Like 1

He has been  good for us overall,despite his shortcomings....but if we want to progress, we need 2 first team full backs with pace and energy and defensive nous.

We must be aware that some of these things will cost us points and promotion.

We must as a club work on eliminating individual errors by recruiting, more consistent performers.

Our full backs foot work, also gets them in to trouble at times.

Need a Swain or a Gidman or even Gibbo....ball control at the back

Edited by TRO

23 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

@ 34 still always out of position. Oh well.

Yeah, did you miss that game against SHA?

He was busy taking on their team and scoring. 

The prophet doesn't need a position.

Edited by AvfcRigo82
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Yeah, did you miss that game against SHA?

He was busy taking on their team and scoring. 

The prophet doesn't need a position.

The problem is all about consistency.....There are things I love about Hutton, but....

There is more likely to be an error with Barnes incident and the Sessegnon error at Wembley.....Than the Roy of the rovers goal against Blues.

To get out of this division, above all else you need consistency.

Team consistency and consistency of individual play.

You can be a really good team but Individual errors, will Zap points away from you.....We know in our position, we will not get error free players , but you have to work towards it by improving the quality as we go.

Ps However, I though there was more than just him at fault for their first goal.

Edited by TRO

Â