Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

Pretty gutted that Fabs gone but wish him all the best. I'm removing my claret and blue glasses, pants and blood doners card for a minute and seeing it from a different viewpoint.

I used to work with homeless young people-some of whom went to school with fab and played football with him. They held him in the upmost regard and only had good things to say about him. He was (and still is) an amazing example that I could give them to help lift them out of the doom and gloom of their current circumstances and give them hope of a better future. It made me so proud that he was playing for Villa (and it even stopped me getting some stick for supporting them for a while!)

This is the ultimate rags to riches story for them to aspire too and who in their right mind would not take the same opportunity if it had been given to them?

Yes, it could have been done a lot better but I feel that Fab has probably let his heart rule his head in making previous comments and will learn a lot from this going forward.

Of course I would rather he is staying but I trust Tim to move us forward and I truly believe that we will finish in a better position than previous seasons (not hard I know!) if this turns out to be the case then it will not have been a bad thing that he (and others) have left. Hopefully we can put the money to good use.

Onwards and upwards and UTV!

• Like 2

Pretty gutted that Fabs gone but wish him all the best. I'm removing my claret and blue glasses, pants and blood doners card for a minute and seeing it from a different viewpoint.

I used to work with homeless young people-some of whom went to school with fab and played football with him. They held him in the upmost regard and only had good things to say about him. He was (and still is) an amazing example that I could give them to help lift them out of the doom and gloom of their current circumstances and give them hope of a better future. It made me so proud that he was playing for Villa (and it even stopped me getting some stick for supporting them for a while!)

This is the ultimate rags to riches story for them to aspire too and who in their right mind would not take the same opportunity if it had been given to them?

Yes, it could have been done a lot better but I feel that Fab has probably let his heart rule his head in making previous comments and will learn a lot from this going forward.

Of course I would rather he is staying but I trust Tim to move us forward and I truly believe that we will finish in a better position than previous seasons (not hard I know!) if this turns out to be the case then it will not have been a bad thing that he (and others) have left. Hopefully we can put the money to good use.

Onwards and upwards and UTV!

Also gutted that Fabs gone but I hope he falls flat on his face.  His behaviour has been nothing short of disgraceful and he should be ashamed of the way he has behaved.   

Edited by Gary Thomas

This guy is just pure vermin. The highest form. Liar and disgusting behaviour from a human being.

I hope his career is destroyed at City just like so many others. Never welcome back at the club, you weasel

• Like 2

Word filter needs updating.... "Word removed" needs to be changed to Delph.

This needs to happen

Absolutely mods this MUST happen

Personally, I'd prefer to avoid his name. Without it cropping up on every thread on VT.

• Like 1

Word filter needs updating.... "Word removed" needs to be changed to Delph.

This needs to happen

Absolutely mods this MUST happen

Personally, I'd prefer to avoid his name. Without it cropping up on every thread on VT.

Just add his name to the "word removed" list... which I think has already been done.

Just to check: word removed.

Edit:  Bah! Yes, I did go back and edit it to say "word removed".  

Edited by trekka
  • Like 1

January 2015

"I am a loyal person and committing my future will hopefully show everybody what type of guy I am.
I feel like this is me - I love the club, I love being here and I want to put 100% into everything I do here. This is my club and I want to be here. That's why I am committing my future.
There was no way I was going to bail out. I am here for the long run."

July 11, 2015

"I'm aware there has been intense media speculation surrounding my future in the last 24 hours and I want to set the record straight.

I'm not leaving. I'm staying at the football club and I can't wait for the start of the season and captaining this great football club."

July 17, 2015

"I am now excited for the future with Manchester City and helping the club to succeed in the coming season and beyond."

"The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity"

Bob Marley

"... rather than looking at the football opportunity that had been placed in front of me."

The bench?

To be fair City have some truly outstanding players. The opportunity to watch them play from a front row seat And get paid £100k a week to do so is not I think a footballing opportunity any of us would pass up
  • Like 1

Not sure why people got so animated in theit hatred. Yes he's lied but at the end of the day it's football. Not like it's a really personal lie.

Think it speaks massive volumes about our club that we once again fail to keep hold of our best players even when there's a supposed reason to be optimistic about the new direction and even when, 6 days ago players are saying they are definitely staying.

Why would benteke go to Liverpool people are asking? No, they aren't the best of the best bit they are monumentally bigger than us atm and we are getting smaller and smaller by the year.

I'd stop worrying as to the reasons players are joining certain clubs and really start to focus on why players (with any sort of respect/form in the game that is worth talking about) have no desire to be at Aston villa.

He's changed his mind several times if you look at it.

January Staying.

Last Friday perhaps not.

Saturday Villa till I die.

Today Nah.

It's the false hope and messing people about really, if he'd left straight away last Friday I wouldn't have been that angry with him and I think my posts at the time reflected that.

Now yes I'll be giving him as much of a horrible welcome back as anyone in November.

• Like 1

Not sure why people got so animated in theit hatred. Yes he's lied but at the end of the day it's football. Not like it's a really personal lie.

Think it speaks massive volumes about our club that we once again fail to keep hold of our best players even when there's a supposed reason to be optimistic about the new direction and even when, 6 days ago players are saying they are definitely staying.

Why would benteke go to Liverpool people are asking? No, they aren't the best of the best bit they are monumentally bigger than us atm and we are getting smaller and smaller by the year.

I'd stop worrying as to the reasons players are joining certain clubs and really start to focus on why players (with any sort of respect/form in the game that is worth talking about) have no desire to be at Aston villa.

So we're the only fans who shouldn't get irate at players leaving, every other fans do it, look at the world's biggest when Figo came back with Real Madrid.

I agree we get carried away with Football sometimes but it still means a lot to plenty of people around the world and naively we attached ourselves to some players like they're family. It shouldn't be that deep but that's the way it is sometimes.

Personally having declared his loyalty to us the grand total of 6 days ago I can't be doing with him facking off now.

From the OS; http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10265~4856901,00.html

Aston Villa captain Fabian Delph has confirmed he will be remaining at the club and leading the team into the new season.

He said: "I'm aware there has been intense media speculation surrounding my future in the last 24 hours and I want to set the record straight.

"I'm not leaving. I'm staying at the football club and I can't wait for the start of the season and captaining this great football club."

What a word removed!

When joke is no joke anymore.

Â