Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

I could have wished him well and genuinely hoped he'd succeed but not after the way this has gone down. I hope he looks back on this day when hes retired and remembers the time before the 3 years of failure at City when he was a 25 year old captain playing every week in the premierleague and in the England squad and not only that but in the England 11.

• Like 1

it's actually posting on another teams football forum that is sad. do you have accounts on the forum of every club?

Literally no one here is interested in your opinion. you might as well shout it out the window.

it's actually posting on another teams football forum that is sad. do you have accounts on the forum of every club?

Literally no one here is interested in your opinion. you might as well shout it out the window.

Just the ones that I care about a bit. Here, City forums, think I have an account on an Everton forum.

So now you're suggesting that it isn't posting on a forum that's sad, but posting on a forum where you can't get involved in conversations? Because the last few hours have shown me that people seem to want to have a conversation with me, mainly about things that are nothing to do with Delph despite my efforts to talk about him or the transfer

Edited by Damocles
  • Like 1

Could all be bollocks again but, if true, does anyone else wonder if he had looked like going last week so we went ahead with purchasing his replacement - Gueye - and then, after changing his mind, it left Villa without the money to push through the deal for Amavi. Thus, he's now been persuaded to go in order for us to buy our new left back?

I see your point and had wondered whether we needed to sell to buy as well. But why would we want to sell our captain and an England international for just £8m when he is worth £20m minimum?

I think the club were to blame for letting his contract run down to its last year and at least we did get something back that we would not have got had he left for nothing in this window as he could have. But this move was not of the club's making for me. 

Well i can honsetly say i feel like someone has kicked me in the bollocks big time the way all this has happened. If he had left last week or even on a free i would have said you know what fair play he could probably do better than us and i wish him well...

I followed this kid from his early Leeds days hoping one day we would sign him.. i was over the moon when we did. Now i have no interest in the lad whatsoever anymore, what he has done is a disgrace in my book. Im all for people trying to better themselves but their is a way of doing it, this divvy has royally shit on us big time. Not once but twice, in the last 6 months alone he has told us how much he wants to stay and blah blah f****n blah. Yet 6 days after he signs for Citeh AFTER rejecting them and feeding us his sob story... He has upset a lot of people with his actions and i cant really remember seeing anything like it in recent football years. Im literally stunned at whats happened as i suspect the rest of the footballing world are.

Here we all were last weekend praising him for doing what he did (at the time), everybody that spoke on radio, in papers or anywhere had nothing but good things to say about it.... How wrong were we all? I wonder what Tim has to say about all this? he cant be happy after that interview he did in the week about Delph.

Its not the moving to Citeh that has pissed me off its the manor of it that has done it for me.

I havent felt like this since Yorke left (my whole world caved in when he went, i was only 9 at the time) I always said i wouldnt get that attached to players anymore but with Delph i did as i thought he was different...

Good ridance Fibian.

• Like 3

it's actually posting on another teams football forum that is sad. do you have accounts on the forum of every club?Literally no one here is interested in your opinion. you might as well shout it out the window.

Just the ones that I care about a bit. Here, City forums, think I have an account on an Everton forum.So now you're suggesting that it isn't posting on a forum that's sad, but posting on a forum where you can't get involved in conversations? Because the last few hours have shown me that people seem to want to have a conversation with me, mainly about things that are nothing to do with Delph despite my efforts to talk about him or the transfer

I enjoy a few other fans posting on the board, gives some perspective. As long as they are not gloating etc.

it's actually posting on another teams football forum that is sad. do you have accounts on the forum of every club?Literally no one here is interested in your opinion. you might as well shout it out the window.

Just the ones that I care about a bit. Here, City forums, think I have an account on an Everton forum.So now you're suggesting that it isn't posting on a forum that's sad, but posting on a forum where you can't get involved in conversations? Because the last few hours have shown me that people seem to want to have a conversation with me, mainly about things that are nothing to do with Delph despite my efforts to talk about him or the transfer

I enjoy a few other fans posting on the board, gives some perspective. As long as they are not gloating etc.

Bit of a fine line unfortunately. I was laughing a bit towards P3te because of his "this is 100% Photoshopped and fake and you're wrong because I'm a graphic designer" stuff. Seemed to have caught up in other things unfortunately.

Turns out that it probably WAS a fake picture he saw, I'm informed by Sky Sources that this is the original

15ps56w.jpg

• Like 1

Well i can honsetly say i feel like someone has kicked me in the bollocks big time the way all this has happened. If he had left last week or even on a free i would have said you know what fair play he could probably do better than us and i wish him well...

I followed this kid from his early Leeds days hoping one day we would sign him.. i was over the moon when we did. Now i have no interest in the lad whatsoever anymore, what he has done is a disgrace in my book. Im all for people trying to better themselves but their is a way of doing it, this divvy has royally shit on us big time. Not once but twice, in the last 6 months alone he has told us how much he wants to stay and blah blah f****n blah. Yet 6 days after he signs for Citeh AFTER rejecting them and feeding us his sob story... He has upset a lot of people with his actions and i cant really remember seeing anything like it in recent football years. Im literally stunned at whats happened as i suspect the rest of the footballing world are.

Here we all were last weekend praising him for doing what he did (at the time), everybody that spoke on radio, in papers or anywhere had nothing but good things to say about it.... How wrong were we all? I wonder what Tim has to say about all this? he cant be happy after that interview he did in the week about Delph.

Its not the moving to Citeh that has pissed me off its the manor of it that has done it for me.

I havent felt like this since Yorke left (my whole world caved in when he went, i was only 9 at the time) I always said i wouldnt get that attached to players anymore but with Delph i did as i thought he was different...

Good ridance Fibian.

I was really angry about it. I'm still a bit torn but I'm switching to the honest but a bit thick, rather than trying to be a dick.

The only thing that goes against it is the clause inserted in his contract, I'm assuming that was his suggestion. He essentially got paid more money than he would have got by seeing his contract out. I genuinely think he did want to stay and then it was nawing at him this week. Who hasn't been torn before.

I like the player and the character but it's hard to argue he was any good for us, I posted a stat where he has completed less than 2 through balls, he doesn't score many or assist and we were still getting beat regularly. We probably both need a change, sadly I think he has overestimated his ability and I don't think he's a top 4 midfielder, but he won't know until he tries. I don think he will stay for 5 years if he's benched a lot though, but probably won't cost him too much. It's a bit of a climb down for city though, I'm guessing they have told him they are not going for pogba. So from a city perspective going from potentially Pogba or Wiltshire to delph is a fairly big anticlimax.

• Like 1

I know there are a few that'll probably disagree but for me all this pantomime shouldn't make you lose sight of the fact that, you know, it's only Delph.

giphy.gif

Great, as if today's news hasn't been annoying enough, I'm now going to spend the rest of the night trying to think of what cartoon that's from and it will make me want to punch myself in the brain come 3 o'clock.

Delph, you absolute bell-end. I normally just shrug my shoulders when footballers prove themselves to be bell-ends, but this takes the biscuit. Utterly ridiculous, his career deserves to go nowhere.

I know there are a few that'll probably disagree but for me all this pantomime shouldn't make you lose sight of the fact that, you know, it's only Delph.

giphy.gif

Great, as if today's news hasn't been annoying enough, I'm now going to spend the rest of the night trying to think of what cartoon that's from and it will make me want to punch myself in the brain come 3 o'clock.

Delph, you absolute bell-end. I normally just shrug my shoulders when footballers prove themselves to be bell-ends, but this takes the biscuit. Utterly ridiculous, his career deserves to go nowhere.

Hey Arnold.

For his return - something simple, effective and will make him feel the clearing in the woods he is.

We all print out one A4 piece of paper. One word "LOYALTY" printed in bold and as big as possible. As he walks to his seat on the bench, everyone holds one up. It'll look great, it's cheap, everyone can do it and he'll feel a clearing in the woods.

• Like 1

Â