Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

Delph: "Decision to stay initially was purely based on the emotion and feelings that I hold for the club...

Delph: "... rather than looking at the football opportunity that had been placed in front of me."

I can understand this, but he shouldn't have talked after sort of deciding to stay. Just like he shouldn't have talked in January.

Exactly - In January it was unclear / unlikely he was staying. The extent to which he was was forced to make his statement by the club will never be known but he certainly did not have to say what he said last weekend. I never boo ex-players but I suspect I will make an exception for Delph. Deep down I don't mind too much that he has left and I suspect we can get as good a foreign player for £8m. What makes me hate him with a passion is the way he has behaved.

The real irony is how many English player are the lesser teams in the PL going to sign in the future given they will be poached by the big clubs to fill quotas? I bet the FA did not think that one through.

He has done us a total disservice here. Releasing those comments were the worst thing he could do. It's a shocking turn of events that bestows more misery and embarrassment on our club.

The only good thing is that he wasn't worth many goals so I hope the replacements make it easy to forget this nonsense

Edited by Tubby

Bryan Swanson ‏@skysports_bryan  1m1 minute ago

Delph: "Decision to stay initially was purely based on the emotion and feelings that I hold for the club...

Bryan Swanson ‏@skysports_bryan  34s34 seconds ago

Delph: "... rather than looking at the football opportunity that had been placed in front of me."

Oh f&£k off Delph seriously we aren't interested.

• Like 2

What's his wife name? Pretty sure that gold digger has been messing his head up. God i hate women sometimes, only thinking about themselves.

I think it's Mrs Delph 

She's responsible for this. I'm 100% positive.

I'm not sure, are you trying to be funny or are you just a word removed?

• Like 3

More quotes from Delph on Skysports website. It's all quite Villa heavy, so worth a read.

Why? Are we supposed to believe a word that comes out of his mouth?

He thanked you specifically for the lovely scones you baked for him.

Vastly over rated player. All left foot, cant head, cant tackle, can't take set pieces, inaccurate passer, doesn't create anything and very rarely scores.

a neutral reading this would think its sour grapes but he actually doesnt offer that much except a decent dribble. zero end product

In the whole time he has been here with the exception of the goals against Chelsea and Liverpool the zero end product line is right. I don't blame Delph for leaving for Man City, he will be on a massive wage and he has been in the England squad. For a midfielder with very limited ability the boy has done well

More quotes from Delph on Skysports website. It's all quite Villa heavy, so worth a read.

Why? Are we supposed to believe a word that comes out of his mouth?

He thanked you specifically for the lovely scones you baked for him.

Hope he enjoyed the raisins........

• Like 1

Said it last week and was mocked but for me he will be remembered on level of Reo-Coker or McCann. decent but not quite good enough.

Would struggle to get in my top 20 Villa centre midfielders of Premier League era

Where are all the point scorers now who slagged me and others off a few days ago.

Delph, you're a word removed and I hope you don't make it through the VP gates when you come with citeh, for your sake.

• Like 1

Â