Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

"... rather than looking at the football opportunity that had been placed in front of me."

The bench?

To be fair City have some truly outstanding players. The opportunity to watch them play from a front row seat And get paid £100k a week to do so is not I think a footballing opportunity any of us would pass up

etihad hardly sells out im sure we could have thrown in a season ticket with his new deal

• Like 1

"The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity"

Bob Marley

This needs to be on a banner in the holte for the man city game.

• Like 1

I don't like United but they are a proper big club - City are just jumped up little shits with a lot of money.

I actually dont mind City I just find them bizarre, Its like they have a strange project of mixing top class players like Silva and Aguero with garbage like Mangala, Delph and Rodwell

Its fascinating actually

I was disappointed but not surprised last week (at least that's what I think I said);

this week, I am both.

How can you commit yourself to the club one week and then bin them the next?

Unless you're a professional footballer, I suppose.

The guy has been on here all day. Prolly cuz the Man City forums are as quiet as the Etihad on a European night.

Our forum has about twice the traffic of VT.

Yeah cause 90% of them are plastic glory hunters. Man city one week Man United the next.

I was just about to post this. One thing I do not agree on though; the club would have known that there was City interest, and that mr wealth would have had numerous offers. He would, probably, have gone for free.

I see the cup as half full; AV have pulled a bunny out of a hat and got 8 million for a player that probably wanted to move back in the winter, and was only willing to sign the contract only knowing that it will not stop him going anywhere. MAYBE, he even thought that he 'paid back' to Aston Villa.

Anyway, delph is a c***, and I hope he does not go to euros, and enjoys his mid week league cup games against Luton Town. 

Delph, I will make sure you hear me from your bench when you come down to Villa Park.

The only thing that make me laugh is that he says:

"I initially turned down the opportunity to join Manchester City. That decision was purely down to the love I have for Aston Villa and their great supporters... 

so basically he loves us so much that he put a £8 million clause in his contract meaning that we made a net loss on him with love like that who needs enemies.  

Anyway Man City still need a couple more english players for their bench   

image.png?w=500&c=1

Â