Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

I said days ago in this thread support the club not the players. To have built a team and ethos of captain leader legend around someone who blatantly didn't care about us would have been a useless exercise. He isn't top 4 quality and to have nailed our colours to the good ship Delph would have seen us midtable for the next 6-7 years, this is a blessing in disguise, it doesn't feel like it at the moment but Delph would have been undropable in a few years time when we as a club should Look past midtable like him. What was he 6goals and 7 assists in 150 games? Hardly iniesta he looked great amongst shît that's about it hopefully gardener gets a game now.

@Squawka: Fabian Delph made fewer successful through balls (2) the past 2 league seasons than:

Phil Jones

Lee Cattermole

Shola Ameobi

Mathieu Debuchy

Maybe a change would be best for both parties. It's hardly as if he's made us tick.

Right! I've been busy all day, so have just managed to read through the comments from this morning to now!

Maybe people won't be so quick to dismiss Twitter / media rumours so quickly anymore!

Delph, go **** yourself, and maybe learn to keep your thoughts and comments to yourself from now on!

Where's that plug gone? I hope he treads on it!

Edited by Rob182

Not sure why people got so animated in theit hatred. Yes he's lied but at the end of the day it's football. Not like it's a really personal lie.

Think it speaks massive volumes about our club that we once again fail to keep hold of our best players even when there's a supposed reason to be optimistic about the new direction and even when, 6 days ago players are saying they are definitely staying.

Why would benteke go to Liverpool people are asking? No, they aren't the best of the best bit they are monumentally bigger than us atm and we are getting smaller and smaller by the year.

I'd stop worrying as to the reasons players are joining certain clubs and really start to focus on why players (with any sort of respect/form in the game that is worth talking about) have no desire to be at Aston villa.

So we're the only fans who shouldn't get irate at players leaving, every other fans do it, look at the world's biggest when Figo came back with Real Madrid.

I agree we get carried away with Football sometimes but it still means a lot to plenty of people around the world and naively we attached ourselves to some players like they're family. It shouldn't be that deep but that's the way it is sometimes.

Personally having declared his loyalty to us the grand total of 6 days ago I can't be doing with him facking off now.

Where did I say we are the only fans who shouldn't get irate?

Any fan, no matter who they support, who feels the need to chuck pigs heads on the pitch or go to great lengths putting silly banner's up needs to get a life imo.

By all means, the pantomime banter of booing, I'm all for at a game. But away from the pitch it's all a bit pathetic really.

@Squawka: Fabian Delph made fewer successful through balls (2) the past 2 league seasons than:

Phil Jones

Lee Cattermole

Shola Ameobi

Mathieu Debuchy

Maybe a change would be best for both parties. It's hardly as if he's made us tick.

Nobody has. We haven't ticked for a very long time. Hard to make through balls without the ball to static forwards.

@amc89avfc: Got a mate that works at city - performance analyst and he's just said Delph was in tears during his medical! View

Must of been thinking of all the money he's about to earn.

His medical was done at a hospital in Wilmslow and our Performance Analysis team are in Australia. So that seems a little far fetched

‘I owe it to myself to play for one of the biggest clubs in the world!’

Nah you don't owe anything to the fans you have lied to time and time again don't worry

Prick

One of the biggest clubs in the world?

I thought he'd gone to Man City

It's 100% a fake picture. 100%. People need to chill the **** out. It's a retouched shot of Sterling that likely took all of 10 minutes in Photoshop

Not only is the picture 100% NOT a fake who anybody with even the slightest knowledge of photo manipulation could tell you
I'm a graphic designer :lol:

It's fake you tart

Obviously not a very good one considering the pics were legit and you were completely and utterly wrong at every turn giving people false hope you eejit. 

Thing is no villa fan would argue that Delph was a better CM than Milner. Presuming Milner is playin regularly at Red spouse in CM what's the betting he wraps up a CM place with England. Of course that might have happened anyway, but you've got to think that's the reason Milner left.

Edited by zapbranny

Â