Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

10942585_10152615240396200_8036633926239

Few different comments here from Delph than earlier comments that was posted that he was quote to have said!

But has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

??

Your sentence isn't making much sense fella.

That's The Joke. Read the OP.
  • Like 1

10942585_10152615240396200_8036633926239

Few different comments here from Delph than earlier comments that was posted that he was quote to have said!

But has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
??

Your sentence isn't making much sense fella.

That's The Joke. Read the OP.

Okay.. I get it now :)

Edited by Villan4Life

Look to these guys its a job and a career.

Sometimes like any career it isn't just about money.

I could go earn 30% more than I am now, but family are settled, routine is good. Great place to work and great colleagues too.

He may feel the same. Really good friends and spends time with some of the squad outside of playing and training. Nice house and settled where he is. Earning a decent amount and still got time to give something back to us before he moves on.

Works hard this year and maybe next top half finish and a nice £22m move to United or somewhere

My only concern is his wages. He was never worth what he was reportedly earning before so I'm hoping that he's not on more now.

He'd probably make more at any other club and there are plenty who'd sign him

As for not singing until now it may be due to Lambo who knows. 

Edited by electronicmaji

I haven't seen it as negative.

There's just no way on this planet that Delph has sat for this long without signing a new contract, if the reasons are 100% true. No way.

Time to think about it? Massive decision. 

It's a huge boost for the club that he's signed on. He'd definitely have gotten a gig at probably 15 other Premier League sides at the very least.

Here we are at our lowest ebb in decades and players who could go elsewhere are sticking around. That's a terrific sign that the players believe in what's happening here. Losing Barry, Milner and Young when we were a good football team on the cusp of a European spot was frustrating because they felt like it wasn't going to happen for them at Villa and that they had to leave. Clearly Delph believes he can fulfill his ambitions here.

• Like 2

Look to these guys its a job and a career.

Sometimes like any career it isn't just about money.

I could go earn 30% more than I am now, but family are settled, routine is good. Great place to work and great colleagues too.

He may feel the same. Really good friends and spends time with some of the squad outside of playing and training. Nice house and settled where he is. Earning a decent amount and still got time to give something back to us before he moves on.

Works hard this year and maybe next top half finish and a nice £22m move to United or somewhere

That's an eloquent way of looking at things.

I had an inkling he might stay for one more year. Euro's next summer, he's just broken into the England squad, is guaranteed a starting place at Villa every game, which he wouldn't have been at any of his potential destinations. Wouldn't be at all surprised to see him leave next summer, but then we will be looking (hopefully) at £20 million+, rather than the peanuts this month, or for free in June.

Either way, a sprinkling of good news in an overwhelmingly depressing season, kudos to all involved.

• Like 2

Must have been given some assurances about the direction of the club surely?

Just came in here to post that. "Wanting to get through the season" and "the upcoming years will be big". Blind faith in Lambert and the club or has he been given assurances that this is the place to be?

Edited by sexbelowsound

I seem to remember he stated at the beginning of the season he wanted to stay, but by all accounts had a bad relationship with Roy Keane, and when things were blowing up about Keane it was around then doubts came up about Delph.

I do not (still even though he has re-signed) think he is as good as people make out, he needs an end product but he can hopefully develop into something special.  

This is a good sign for the club though, trying to keep one of our best players, and from the quote above Im sure they have shared some of the plans for the future with him.

He may not be as good as people make out but he i one of our better players,  in the top two or three

I agree which is why I think this is a good sign that club is trying and succeeding in keeping its best players.

He could develop into something special and seems to like being at Villa which is a start.

I'm not convinced that he was told about any grand plans, or that he needed to be.

Ultimately we're a pretty good match for Delph: Almost guaranteed to start when fit, big club with potential and he's settled in locally.

I do think that we've got very good squad morale, despite everything, and there are some diamond geezers at the club (I'm thinking of Guzan, Okore, Sanchez, Grealish, Weimann and Delph himself).

I also think that Lambert is the kind of manager a player likes to have: No public criticisms and a steady confidence and resilience that players need when times are tough.

I'm not convinced that he was told about any grand plans, or that he needed to be.

Ultimately we're a pretty good match for Delph: Almost guaranteed to start when fit, big club with potential and he's settled in locally.

I do think that we've got very good squad morale, despite everything, and there are some diamond geezers at the club (I'm thinking of Guzan, Okore, Sanchez, Grealish, Weimann and Delph himself).

I also think that Lambert is the kind of manager a player likes to have: No public criticisms and a steady confidence and resilience that players need when times are tough.

This sounds like it's a remarkably buoyant atmosphere for the squad. I guess that all compensates for the fact that we rarely score any goals, let alone win games. :)

Â