Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

I was shocked when I heard this news and it's great for the club. It would have been a disaster to lose one of our best players for nothing when money is so tight. He also seems like a top lad too which is nice.

• Like 1

Anyway, I'm surprised you've not gone off him seeing as he backed the manager and the chairman ;)

Him signing a deal made me able to deal with it.
So if/when Guzan signs a new deal? Likely without all this fuss either.

Without going over old ground too much. All I said was I went off guzan. I didn't say I hated him, I didn't say he was the devil. I just went off him a bit. Delph commenting that both have been good to him when signing a new deal is different to what put me off guzan.

I suppose. But that's not why I said it.

I just find it strange (not in a bad way) that he has a relationship that casual with the chairman

I think some people will be surprised to learn that Randy actually gives a **** about anything but his bank balance at this stage.

That doesn't bother me, he is entitled to think about his money and investment. But, he also has a responsibility to make sure we (Villa) are doing the best we can, which we aren't.

I wouldn't care if he worried about his bank, but also made correct decisions for us and helped push us forwards.

When he took over the club he took on a responsibility for it, the fans, the city, the staff, and right now he is letting us down badly.

• Like 2

Great day Sunday.Got up after finishing nightshift and put the game on to find we were causing the upset of the round by actually scoring.And what a goal.Then my son asks whats going on with Delph,something about a new deal.Unbelievable Jeff.I'm still in good form and I'm a moody so and so. :D

• Like 2

I think we persuaded him to stay a year or so with some clauses if big clubs come in for him. He got a good payrise and was happy for the club to set a release clause of 15 million or so.

I'm going to take Fabian at his word. I don't think he has signed this deal as a 'favour' to protect his value - I believe he genuinely wants to stay and become a 'legend'

Whether there is a release clause or not I think we have got him until summer 2016 at the very least and I genuinely believe he will only go if it's a 'dream move' and he feels he will be a regular for any prospective buyer. Seems a sensible lad and has probably seen the grass isn't always greener elsewhere.

Thanks Fabian, if a couple of others had done a similar thing in the past, we wouldn't be where we are today.

Great day Sunday.Got up after finishing nightshift and put the game on to find we were causing the upset of the round by actually scoring.And what a goal.Then my son asks whats going on with Delph,something about a new deal.Unbelievable Jeff.I'm still in good form and I'm a moody so and so. :D

Echo this all the way

Id forgotten what enjoying being a villa fan was all about a little bit.This week I am loving the smiles on villa fans faces when i say "Gil" or "Delph" :D

• Like 1

Anyway, I'm surprised you've not gone off him seeing as he backed the manager and the chairman ;)

Without going over old ground too much. All I said was I went off guzan. I didn't say I hated him, I didn't say he was the devil. I just went off him a bit. Delph commenting that both have been good to him when signing a new deal is different to what put me off guzan.

What on earth are you on about?

What on earth are you on about?

See; Guzan thread.

In short; Guzan praised Lambert and/or Lerner, DC Jonah said he went off Guzan because of this.

• Like 1

I have to admit to being surprised that he's staying. That said, I'm absolutely delighted. I read a post on here not long back where the poster claimed that Delph wanted to leave for money and ambition (in that order) Given the fantastic news on Sunday, these claims were highly insulting and further proof not to trust so-called ITK's.

Delph has been a star for us throughout Lamberts reign here. However much we tried to convince ourselves that we could kick on without him, the reality is that we wouldn't have & its so reassuring to know that he'll be playing for us next season. The midfield is looking good, the defence isn't bad. If we can get our strikers scoring, we could have the backbone of a half decent side here.

I suppose. But that's not why I said it.

I just find it strange (not in a bad way) that he has a relationship that casual with the chairman

I think some people will be surprised to learn that Randy actually gives a **** about anything but his bank balance at this stage.
That doesn't bother me, he is entitled to think about his money and investment. But, he also has a responsibility to make sure we (Villa) are doing the best we can, which we aren't.

I wouldn't care if he worried about his bank, but also made correct decisions for us and helped push us forwards.

When he took over the club he took on a responsibility for it, the fans, the city, the staff, and right now he is letting us down badly.

I don't disagree generally. Not the point I made at all though was it.

http://www.itv.com/news/2015-01-27/fabian-delph-wants-to-take-aston-villa-to-champions-league/

Having signed a new long-term deal with Aston Villa, midfielder Fabian Delph is aiming to take them to the Champions League.

Delph penned a contract until 2019 and hopes the Midlands outfit can have a resurgence in the next few years.

“We all set targets individually and as a team, I don’t see why playing in the Champions League for Villa isn’t possible by the end of my contract. I will be 30 then, so will probably be sitting in midfield though!”
  • Like 3

http://www.itv.com/news/2015-01-27/fabian-delph-wants-to-take-aston-villa-to-champions-league/

Having signed a new long-term deal with Aston Villa, midfielder Fabian Delph is aiming to take them to the Champions League.

Delph penned a contract until 2019 and hopes the Midlands outfit can have a resurgence in the next few years.

“We all set targets individually and as a team, I don’t see why playing in the Champions League for Villa isn’t possible by the end of my contract. I will be 30 then, so will probably be sitting in midfield though!”

LEGEND IN THE MAKING

• Like 2

Echo this all the way

Id forgotten what enjoying being a villa fan was all about a little bit.This week I am loving the smiles on villa fans faces when i say "Gil" or "Delph" :D

You're lucky mate.I went to 5-a-side with the blokes from work and they're all either Pool or Utd fans.Asked them had they seen Gil's goal and they were all 'who?'I said the wee spaniard we bought and no one had seen it.One said 'I heard it was a belter'.Kin hell,if Fat Wayne or Raheem had scored it they'd all have been chatting about it. :angry:

And yet I'm still in good form. B)

Just watched the press conference from yesterday, I would urge you all to do the same. Really positive stuff from the future captain and current CEO - both impressive characters, very easy to get behind the pair of them.

We are on a journey back to the top!  :D

• Like 2

Â