Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

I can't see him being off in the summer, why should he sign now if he was wanted by a club he wanted to go to? His agent must have talked with all potentially interested clubs and if he was wanted by e.g. Liverpool, why not wait the 3-4 months and get a huge sign on fee? 

• Like 1

Every time Delph talks about Villa he always mentions his relationship with Lerner so don't think that should be under estimated in him signing a new deal, fantastic news.

Isn't he meant to be Lerner's favourite player?

• Like 1

I'm glad he's signed.

And to be honest I don't mind if he goes in the summer.

Not that I want him to be sold, but I'd much rather he left for a decent fee, which he will command, than walk away for free.

Whatever money we've signed him up to, it'll be worth it if we get a big fee for him in the summer.

• Like 2

We need to start seeing Westwood and cleverly dropped now.

Our midfield should be Sanchez, delph and Gill from now on.

For once I agree with you.

I like Westwood, but I think we should be playing that midfield 3.

Westwood cover for Delph or to give us a different option.

Every time Delph talks about Villa he always mentions his relationship with Lerner so don't think that should be under estimated in him signing a new deal, fantastic news.

Isn't he meant to be Lerner's favourite player?

Yeah, Lerner hasn't forgotten Delph's outstanding performance last time he watched us. He's also delighted to hear that Delph has recovered from the ACL injury he sustained soon after that.

• Like 1

Gets an injury

Deals to other clubs fall through

Signs a contract to help us get a fee in the summer.

That's fine as it helps us out but there is defo something more to this than just loyalty. If it was loyalty, why take so long?

Gets an injury

Deals to other clubs fall through

Signs a contract to help us get a fee in the summer.

That's fine as it helps us out but there is defo something more to this than just loyalty. If it was loyalty, why take so long?

An injury wouldn't make a deal to another club fall through. Unlikely anyway.

The rest of the post is entirely feasible though.

There's no way Delph would sign a contract just so we get some money for him in the Summer. He's probably just enjoys playing for the club and is thankful for how it stuck by him through his injuries. The only way he'll leave is if we get relegated, and even then I wouldn't be surprised if he stayed to help us out.

• Like 1

I haven't seen it as negative.

There's just no way on this planet that Delph has sat for this long without signing a new contract, if the reasons are 100% true. No way.

Well it's pretty likely that he's been considering his options and you can't blame him really. He's made the right choice in the end. Let's home this news, Gil, a win and 2 goals gives everyone a much needed lift. Edited by AlwaysAVFC
  • Like 1

I haven't seen it as negative.

There's just no way on this planet that Delph has sat for this long without signing a new contract, if the reasons are 100% true. No way.

Well it's pretty likely that he's been considering his options and you can't blame him really. He's made the right choice in the end. Let's home this news, Gil, a win and 2 goals gives everyone a much needed lift.

But my point is, if he is as loyal as the story is making out, why the need to consider options?

Can't say good news and won't say bad news...but now he needs to deliver.

Fed up of all this threatening talk about players.....we want Action.

Ps If I was a competing manager, I'm not sure I would have signed him.

pps These players of ours need to realise....If you don't perform for us .....there will be no dream move.

Edited by TRO

Can't say good news and won't say bad news...but now he needs to deliver.

Fed up of all this threatening talk about players.....we want Action.

Ps If I was a competing manager, I'm not sure I would have signed him.

pps These players of ours need to realise....If you don't perform for us .....there will be no dream move.

Sad day for you then because it looks like he's here to stay. Likely our highest earner too.

I think it's great news for the club, in many different ways. It's great news for the game generally I think.

Â