Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

Completely, Lambert made it known he wanted him to stay, I think they've probably asked him to sign before now and this is last chance saloon to lessen the damage of him going for nothing anyway in the summer.

Really disappointed. We could have not renewed whilst he was injured and left him in the shit, we had faith and stuck by him, it seems he doesn't want to be here.

I honestly believe if we'd offered him a new deal at any point during 2013, he'd have signed. Seems we only opened proper negotiations during summer 2014 which was way too late.

60k dosen't sound too much of an increase either as when MM was on here he was claiming Delph was in the 45-50k bracket already. On a free some club will properly offer him 70k.

I think you are probably right there, when he was saying he'd like to finish his career here it would have made sense to just slap a 4 year deal under his nose and see just how true it was. After he's said all that and nothing has happened he's probably got the hump...

There is a lot wrong with the club, but not everything can be laid at their door.

He has become an England international, he thinks he can do better, and he wants to go.

With the exception of Sanchez, none of our present midfielders impress me, and this is an opinion long held, not just since Delph decided to move on.

We should sell him now in order to recoup some of the money spent on him.

4 m. Lambert, to be fair, has a good record of buying around that price.

We need to weigh selling him for £4m now against the possible effect of being without him on our final league position which was worth £1.2m for every place last season.

So the difference between ending the season three places higher than we might without him say 17th rather than 14th would be around the fee we now want for him. Clearly if the difference was between ending 17th rather than 18th the difference would be a lot more than £1.2m for the following season.

It seems we are desperate to cash in, to gamble on our top flight status and end up having spent nothing net in this window. I doubt the player would be too happy to go along with this given he will get a better deal as a free agent in the next window but I wonder how much if any of the fee would be spent on new players in this window if we did find the player and a club willing to do a deal now.    

Because all the goals and assists Delph will provide can make the difference?

No although he might get one or two of both it is because we are a better midfield with him in it than without him Ponky. 

Can't blame Lambert for Delph wanting to leave. If it means getting 4m which we can use to bring another attacking player in I would reluctantly sell him.

I'm afraid it already brought us that player.

Big fan of the player he's become but he's been poor in the last two appearances. He was poor v Sunderland before the red and I didn't think he was great v Liverpool where he assisted their second.

Hope that's just a couple of sloppy games rather than any major downing of tools. If he dosen't want to be here, I'd probably sell him as we have enough options in midfield to get us through to the end of the season in terms of numbers at least.

We have no one in our squad to replace Delph so selling him without having someone lined up is stupid because as someone has mentioned its a £1.2 m a place and he can get us to finish higher. We are also still threatened with relegation so we would need a replaceent straight away and for them to hit the ground running. Vlaar on the other hand I would sell but hopefully both won't get what they think they are worth and they'll sign up late on. We live in hope.

i wonder if Lambert knew Delph could leave for nothing and potentially signing Cleverly was done just in case he couldn't persuade Delph to stay and decided to sell him in Jan rather than lose him for nothing.

I think he hoped Cleverly would have an impact and could be bought permanently, even if we didn't sign him in Jan his loan buys us some time to get a Delph replacement.

Unfortunately Delph is desperate to get his payday at Spurs or Liverpool and Cleverly has been horsesh*te and on top that wants to sign for Everton.

I wish we could keep Delph but as of now I would get rid of both players and try and sign replacements in this window that care about the club and can make a difference. Maybe that is harsh on Delph as everything I am saying on him is speculation, but ultimately he hasn't and won't sign a new contract which is pretty telling and sadly it's hard to blame him the way our great club is being run into the dust.

If we sold him for £4mil could be a masterstroke for a guy who doesn't want to be here anymore!

If we could find another young Spanish midfielder (hopefully a goalscoring threat or other words a young version of Lampard) for around that price similar ilk to Gil we will be the winner in this deal!

Just on SSN, Lambert will let him go for 4 million.

I think its poor by the club. On form he must be worth 60k. Maybe he don't fit into Lambert's system :detect:

Pretty sure Lambert would want to keep him, do you really think this has been his decision?

No I'd say that's come from Randy, if true.

I can't really see what players we have, that can be seen as irreplaceable, in light of our results over the last 3 years.

In some folks eyes the midfield is still our achilles heel, despite our lack of goals and it was deemed to be so, when we was scoring some time ago.

I say, let him go.... what with injuries, unforced errors and indiscipline, I can't see what the fuss is.

With to odd exception i would sell any one of them.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

Yes Delph is so average he's an England international.

I think Sanchez has done well but come on we do go overboard about players.

Just coz he's an England international means doodly squat these days!!!!

It means that he has been recognised by the England manager for his performances for his club team and to actually be selected for the team in an important Euro qualifier means even more.

But let me guess, Sanchez being picked for his national team (who I rate more highly than England), doesn't mean much, because we're just overrating him, or he's flavour of the month?

So you're saying he is better than Delph?

It means that he has been recognised by the England manager for his performances for his club team and to actually be selected for the team in an important Euro qualifier means even more.
But let me guess, Sanchez being picked for his national team (who I rate more highly than England), doesn't mean much, because we're just overrating him, or he's flavour of the month?

I think he is. He is more experienced though in this stage of his career

career. Delph doesn't have an end product and he's not a true defensive midfielder.

Nope. You were disputing people saying that Delph is average by arguing that he has England caps, but then in the same breath, insinuating that we're overrating Sanchez (who has Colombia caps). You then backed it up by saying that the national manager recognised said players' club performances.

It just seemed a bit hypocritical, that's all.

Well, like I do with all our players that go to other clubs (unless they leave to play abroad), I hope he goes on to fail magnificently; I hope he cocks it up and looks out of his depth and the fans of his new club get on his back and he gets all the bad media publicity...

If you're not with us and you are still playing in England, you are against us...

Same goes for: Bosnich, Yorke, Barry, Milner, Downing et al.
Couldn't give a monkeys if they are 'professionals' and want to 'win things' or in the case of the first four, actually went on to 'win things'... I only have one loyalty and thats to the Villa...

Edited by DJ_Villain

Â