Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

Take the money and ship him out. I'm done with the ungrateful little s**t. Oh and gifting Lambert his goal today...unforgivable. 

Edited by Harry

I will say this though, that turn he did to get away from 3 Liverpool players in our own half and then drove into Lpool's half to start an attack was pure class.

Yes and people blame him for giving the ball away which led to the goal, yet Sanchez does the same thing and it nearly leads to a goal and he gets no blame.

• Like 1

I will say this though, that turn he did to get away from 3 Liverpool players in our own half and then drove into Lpool's half to start an attack was pure class.

Yes and people blame him for giving the ball away which led to the goal, yet Sanchez does the same thing and it nearly leads to a goal and he gets no blame.

The same Sanchez who was probably our MOTM yesterday? The only midfielder who looked like he gave a damn?

I think you'll find that when Sanchez has played as poorly as Delph did yesterday, and he's made mistakes that led to goals/chances, people HAVE blamed him.

He didn't look like he was fully up to pace, but still did some good things that our other midfielders can't. Yes, he was at fault for the goal, but it was a quality strike from Lambert, we would not have punished a Liverpool mistake like that.

Did anyone see him giving a little wave toward the Holte after the match. Only saw it out of the corner of my eye so could be wrong. Looked like a little 'goodbye' though. If he's going, I'd much rather get a few million for him now and give it to Lambert to spend. For his faults, Lambert can spot a player when given a half decent lump of cash.

To me he's overrated and he doesn't really do much at all, yes he does his little turns and step overs that look cute, but he always takes them too far and ends up losing the ball, usually in areas that are dangerous.  He never does a pass of longer than say 3/6 yards and he has next to no vision/anticipation.  That he has been touted as the new Gerrard for Liverpool is hilarious.  Nobody is that interested in him and if he goes for nothing at the end of the season won't be that disappointing really.  He is also a liability in the cards charts as he could have got himself booked/sent off yesterday.  People say Sanchez gave the ball away in a dangerous area, but that was possibly his only mistake and his passing is sublime and he must be thinking "why did i come to this team"?  "i am getting better and they are getting worse".  Delph however is in my mind an average championship midfielder, very similar to Cleverley.  I will admit that Delph has the above mentioned step overs and little turns, but really the new Gerrard???  As for the new man well he looks far more technically sound with vision and anticipation, especially in his first outing yesterday.  Westwood is also average and i think is on a par with Delph.   

• Like 1

The same Sanchez who was probably our MOTM yesterday? The only midfielder who looked like he gave a damn?

I think you'll find that when Sanchez has played as poorly as Delph did yesterday, and he's made mistakes that led to goals/chances, people HAVE blamed him.

Yes but it makes me wonder how quickly people forget how good Delph has been for us this last year or so. Sanchez is now the flavour of the month but a few bad games and errors and people will quickly turn on him. 

• Like 1

Delph over the last 2 seasons has played very well he has given his all to the cause and he has been a very effective player.

The problem is loyalty, we have supported him through his injuries and given him the time to be a part of the squad but he now sees his future elsewhere.

If he wants to go I would rather he left as there is no point playing a player who doesn't want to be there.

I hope he will go in January and hopefully we could look to Liverpool and get a player that we need like Lambert in exchange.

Lambert has a point to prove and I would like to think he could do that at Villa. Imagine the headlines if he suddenly doubled our goals scored in the next 5 games.

Back to Delph It's not the first time this has happened and it won't be the last, just look at Young, Downing & Milner.

Delph is part of the problem rather than the solution IMO. Yes he can doing his little turning trick, make the odd run, but his ball control if often poor, he is invariably too deep and doesn't push forward enough. In some ways he is like Gabby in that his effort comes in fits and starts.

He was our best player last year, which wasn't difficult in a poor side but he generally doesn't make enough of a difference. Some of his faults may be down to Lambert but I would rather we find someone who is more dominating in his position. Delph is too lightweight and I doubt he will be remembered as anything special.

Yes, he gave away the ball which lead to their second goal, but he was trying to break and hit Liverpool on the counter attack, by passing it to Gabby for a quick one-two.

I doubt we were going to score yesterday anyway, but I don't think he was as bad as everyone is making out to be? Am I the only one who thinks this?

Yes, he gave away the ball which lead to their second goal, but he was trying to break and hit Liverpool on the counter attack, by passing it to Gabby for a quick one-two.

I doubt we were going to score yesterday anyway, but I don't think he was as bad as everyone is making out to be? Am I the only one who thinks this?

I don't think he "bad" but likewise I don't think he is as "good" as some think. I seriously cannot remember that many if any times over the last few seasons when I came away from a game thinking WOW Delph is some player.

Nope, he's just not the fans favourite because he hasn't signed a new contract. 

I don't think he "bad" but likewise I don't think he is as "good" as some think. I seriously cannot remember that many if any times over the last few seasons when I came away from a game thinking WOW Delph is some player.

What about the Chelsea home game last season?

Edited by PaulC

Â