Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

I see people opinion changing over the last month or so and I put that down to him not having signed a new deal. I cling to the hope that he will sign a new deal but in all honesty why would he? He doesn't support Villa, and what a mess we are in as a club.

I won't blame him if he doesn't stay on.

I think it's down to the fact that although he's scored some decent goals for us he doesn't particularly have a huge influence on the way we play, i.e, we still just churn out the same rubbish whether he plays or not. The way we currently set up to shoe horn in as many midfielders as possible, no one really understands his role, he probably doesn't himself. He should be a real driving midfielder, a force in the centre but it doesn't really happen, not sure why. It just doesn't seem to me at the moment that we'd be much worse as a team if he was to leave. 

Edited by nobler
  • Like 4

Just on SSN, Lambert will let him go for 4 million.

I think its poor by the club. On form he must be worth 60k.  Maybe he don't fit into Lambert's system :detect:

Pretty sure Lambert would want to keep him, do you really think this has been his decision?

• Like 2

I think its poor by the club. On form he must be worth 60k.  Maybe he don't fit into Lambert's system :detect:

Pretty sure Lambert would want to keep him, do you really think this has been his decision?

Can only be that Delph wants the move. I can't imagine wages are an issue still.

Can only be that Delph wants the move. I can't imagine wages are an issue still.

Yeah, 60k is nothing for an England International. Club are trying to sell before he goes for nothing

Completely, Lambert made it known he wanted him to stay, I think they've probably asked him to sign before now and this is last chance saloon to lessen the damage of him going for nothing anyway in the summer.

Really disappointed. We could have not renewed whilst he was injured and left him in the shit, we had faith and stuck by him, it seems he doesn't want to be here.

Completely, Lambert made it known he wanted him to stay, I think they've probably asked him to sign before now and this is last chance saloon to lessen the damage of him going for nothing anyway in the summer.

Really disappointed. We could have not renewed whilst he was injured and left him in the shit, we had faith and stuck by him, it seems he doesn't want to be here.

I honestly believe if we'd offered him a new deal at any point during 2013, he'd have signed. Seems we only opened proper negotiations during summer 2014 which was way too late.

60k dosen't sound too much of an increase either as when MM was on here he was claiming Delph was in the 45-50k bracket already. On a free some club will properly offer him 70k.

Can't blame Lambert for Delph wanting to leave. If it means getting 4m which we can use to bring another attacking player in I would reluctantly sell him.

Id say we will get 2mill. We will have to pay Delph the other 2 inorder for him to go.

Can't blame Lambert for Delph wanting to leave. If it means getting 4m which we can use to bring another attacking player in I would reluctantly sell him.

Id say we will get 2mill. We will have to pay Delph the other 2 inorder for him to go.
With 6 months left on his contract? I doubt it would be that much.

With 6 months left on his contract? I doubt it would be that much.

Well imagine the signing on fee he will get if he is a free Agent.

I think its poor by the club. On form he must be worth 60k. Maybe he don't fit into Lambert's system :detect:

They said that we would accept 4million however they repeated what's in the newspaper (was it mirror or mail) so they are reporting what a newspaper has written since when do we believe what's in the papers? Either way if he wants out we should take the money. Villa and its fans (well most) will be around long after Delph or whoever goes always have done always will be it premier league or whatever league we are in .
  • Like 3

I honestly believe if we'd offered him a new deal at any point during 2013, he'd have signed. Seems we only opened proper negotiations during summer 2014 which was way too late.

60k dosen't sound too much of an increase either as when MM was on here he was claiming Delph was in the 45-50k bracket already. On a free some club will properly offer him 70k.

I think you are probably right there, when he was saying he'd like to finish his career here it would have made sense to just slap a 4 year deal under his nose and see just how true it was. After he's said all that and nothing has happened he's probably got the hump...

• Like 1

I've said it for months now. I'd sell him and give Lambert the money to re-invest.

Delph is our best midfielder (or now on a par with Sanchez, on recent form?) but he doesn't do enough, or influence our games enough, to be worth £60k p/w. Westwood is 'Delph lite', and I'd rather play Westwood and have money to spend, than play Delph for 6 months until he goes for free.

Maybe Lambert will buy Sinclair if Delph goes (which would actually be risky, as he's unproven in recent years)

Guzan

Hutton Okore Clark Cissokho

Bacuna Sanchez Westwood

Gil Benteke Sinclair

Mirror reporting that we'll sell him if we get at least £4m and that we're not prepared to match his £60,000/week demands. All sounds like bs to me.

Reports actually say SPURS are unwilling to match his 60K per week wage demands, been done to death already, but straight sway for Dembele?

Â