Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

Yes Delph is so average he's an England international.

I think Sanchez has done well but come on we do go overboard about players. 

Just coz he's an England international means doodly squat these days!!!!

• Like 1

It's not unheard of for players to go to other clubs and through better coaching improve. Look at Bertrand for example, far better at Southampton than he was here.

So by implication Koeman is a better coach than Mourinho I guess

He's just playing well in a decent team

Does every single thread needs to be a knock at Lambert?

It means that he has been recognised by the England manager for his performances for his club team and to actually be selected for the team in an important Euro qualifier means even more. 

It's not unheard of for players to go to other clubs and through better coaching improve. Look at Bertrand for example, far better at Southampton than he was here.

So by implication Koeman is a better coach than Mourinho I guess

He's just playing well in a decent team

Does every single thread needs to be a knock at Lambert?

No, Mourinho just never played Betrand as he always played Cole. Bertrand never played badly for Chelsea so its not implying Koeman is better than Mourinho. However you cant argue with the fact that Bertrand was bollocks when he was at Villa compared to how he played at Chelsea and Southampton.

TBF, Bertrand was quite good for the first half of the season. He fizzled out, but probably due to the oppressive nature of a relegation struggle, the assistant coaches fiasco, and the overall lower level of player surrounding him.

Tom Cleverley was an English International.... as well somehow

It means that he has been recognised by the England manager for his performances for his club team and to actually be selected for the team in an important Euro qualifier means even more.

But let me guess, Sanchez being picked for his national team (who I rate more highly than England), doesn't mean much, because we're just overrating him, or he's flavour of the month?

Having reneged on his " I want to spend the rest of my career here " kind of tips the balance towards disliking him , and I get that , however , it was'nt that long ago that I was getting pelters for blaming him -and rightly imo - over the Man City defeat .

Now , all of a sudden , he couldn't pour a pint of milk in a dairy . That imo is " fickle .

Suddenly it's okay to hate on Fabian again , don't you just love the fickle .

I don't see much 'hating on', to be honest.

I do see a change of opinion, and that partly comes from a change of stance by Delph. From 'I would happily spend my career here', to seemingly not wanting to sign a new deal. People WILL change from 'he's my favourite player' to 'let him go if be doesn't want to be here', and are well within their rights to.

I've been one of Delph's BIGGEST fans over the years. When many had written him off or not seen what he could offer, I was one of the few saying he has potential from what we saw in his first season at Villa, under O'Neill. So I don't see any issue whatsoever, with me now saying that he HASN'T lived up to the hype and potential from when he first joined, and yes, if he doesn't want to stay at Villa then I WANT him to leave.

I want our players to want to be here, to try to get us up the table. Not just want to take their paycheques until they can move on to bigger and better things.

Perfect.

Well I'll be a bit let down if goes to be honest, I think he'll turn out to be a very good player and will improve immensely in the next couple of years. Should that happen while he is not in our shirt after we gave him a contract whilst he was still injured is a little bit out of order if you ask me. Least he could do is pen a deal with us, play for a year or two more and then go to a bigger club. That we we get compensated for sticking by him and he still gets his move and is guaranteed a start whilst fit pretty much here.

If he really wants out then seemingly there's little we as a club can do about it. I doubt he'll get a good reception at VP when he comes back though.

Â