Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

Yes, he gave away the ball which lead to their second goal, but he was trying to break and hit Liverpool on the counter attack, by passing it to Gabby for a quick one-two.

I doubt we were going to score yesterday anyway, but I don't think he was as bad as everyone is making out to be? Am I the only one who thinks this?

Nope, he's just not the fans favourite because he hasn't signed a new contract. 

Yes, he gave away the ball which lead to their second goal, but he was trying to break and hit Liverpool on the counter attack, by passing it to Gabby for a quick one-two.

I doubt we were going to score yesterday anyway, but I don't think he was as bad as everyone is making out to be? Am I the only one who thinks this?

I don't think he "bad" but likewise I don't think he is as "good" as some think. I seriously cannot remember that many if any times over the last few seasons when I came away from a game thinking WOW Delph is some player.

What about the Chelsea home game last season?

He was very good but those performances from him are far and few between. His goal was a highlight but he is rarely in that position for 95% of games. I have no stats but cannot remember that many occassions when he is making runs into the box. That he has skill I dont deny but whether he makes enough of it or in the right places is my query.

Doesn't change many if any games though does he?

None of those midfielders do. We've had about one or two assists from the four midfielders that started this season. One assist in about 85 hours of football. No goals.

Sorry meant that started the game yesterday.

Doesn't change many if any games though does he?

None of those midfielders do. We've had about one or two assists from the four midfielders that started this season. One assist in about 85 hours of football. No goals.

Sorry meant that started the game yesterday.

The only really good midfielder we have is Sanchez. The rest are average or poor.

• Like 2

Delph is not average, he is a good player. I say just good because we dont really know what he can do at a higher level, unfortunately were probably about to find out, i suspect he isnt good enough for a champions league level club but i guess we'll see.

Lol "The revisionism on here, christ.

People post how they feel and have a right to change their POV as often as they want, personally I have always liked Delph but I've never thought he would be an England player. Is this a sign of just how poor the England team is or does he deserve it? Not sure myself as I honestly struggle to think of a game where he has really stood out apart from the goal against Chelsea.

I'm guessing he's going and I will wish him all the best for the future.

Yes I agree Mike but he is one of the few players we have with the skill to change a game., 

But how many games has he changed with his "skill" in all his years here?

The Chelsea game.... that's about it? 

Edited by PieFacE

If Fabian Delph played for another team would you want him here? I would, but could we afford him? No

Definitely. He's a "good" player. He's our level.  He's not a stand out player though, incredibly over-rated for a player who does so little. I guess it's not entirely his fault, when a manager plays 4 central midfielders it's going to be tough to perform well. But his ability is incredibly over-stated by many. If he could add a bit more to his game in an attacking sense he could be a great player. To me he's still a player with potential, but failing to fulfill it. 

• Like 4

If Fabian Delph played for another team would you want him here? I would, but could we afford him? No

Definitely. He's a "good" player. He's our level.  He's not a stand out player though, incredibly over-rated for a player who does so little. I guess it's not entirely his fault, when a manager plays 4 central midfielders it's going to be tough to perform well. But his ability is incredibly over-stated by many. If he could add a bit more to his game in an attacking sense he could be a great player. To me he's still a player with potential, but failing to fulfill it. 

It's not unheard of for players to go to other clubs and through better coaching improve. Look at Bertrand for example, far better at Southampton than he was here.

Delph could well go to Liverpool and improve like Jordan Henderson has in the last 18 months.

Delph has a lot of great qualities for central midfield but needs to refine some of those a bit like his tackling and obviously get forward and score more.

That's a difficult question to answer as we're judging him on his output in a criminally bad Villa team, but if he had his current level of goals and assists for another side, then for the money he's likely to go for I'd probably hink that there's better value elsewhere.  He's probably be doing a lot better for a different manager though, so who knows.

Â