Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

• 3 weeks later...

Good to see him back starting again today. He has been very good the last couple of months and him and Westwood work really well together. Another who worked his bollocks off today, really put himself about and got stuck in. Starting to become an important player for us.

• Like 2

Delph should have started against Liverpool. I think he has performed very well in recent months.

Bog fan of his. You need a combative CM in your starting 11. He at least shows passion unlike one or two others.

The big difference is his confidence levels. Lambert has really backed him with a regular starting place and he has responded to that. 

Under Houllier and McLeish he really didn't get time to settle after coming back from long-term injuries, so its no wonder he was so hesitant on the ball so often.

Has a long way to go, but if his confidence remains high he will keep improving.

• Like 2

He has quite a turn of pace on him. I hope he learns a bit of touch.

this is a funny one, his biggest attributes when coming to us was his technique with the ball at his feet, personally i think it's still a mental issue with him when he occasionally has a shocking first touch, or a slightly heavy touch when he's running with the ball so it gets away from him. 

if he keeps playing and improving then hopefully his mind won't be focussed on "don't **** this up" leading to mistakes and be more about taking his first touch for granted and thinking about where the ball is going next as it's coming to him. obviously our position in the league doesn't help any of our players think like this though!

Proving me wrong and long may that continue. Looking like the midfielder his early career promised he could be. From being a player I thought should be nowhere near the first team, he is one of the first names on the sheet now

Proving me wrong and long may that continue. Looking like the midfielder his early career promised he could be. From being a player I thought should be nowhere near the first team, he is one of the first names on the sheet now

I agree. Im suprised by his recent improvement I was beginning to think he would amount to nothing

I agree. Im suprised by his recent improvement I was beginning to think he would amount to nothing

Agreed - I think he has finally got a decent run in the side and seems to be staying fit.

Agreed - I think he has finally got a decent run in the side and seems to be staying fit.

he is the senior man in the midfield with westwood and sylla new to the league. maybe he enjoys that?

I'd love to see

he is the senior man in the midfield with westwood and sylla new to the league. maybe he enjoys that?

I think it's more to the fact that he for the first time is getting a proper run in our side without it being interrupted by a major injury. Downing used about a season before he started preforming, after his sever injury. Delph has had 3 of em. Next season Delph will shine, if he stays injury free.

Credit to him. He has a great attitude and has shown great determination to recover from the injuries he's had. Really think he's a good player to have in the dressing room too, whenever I see his interviews he seems a winner, and a player who will never give less than his all.

I hope it continues.

He just plays with confidence now which is the difference. I think under McLeish he was too scared to **** up or venture too far forward. But I think he's found under Lambert a manager who gives him freedom and has confidence in him (like he does all of the young players) which has helped his game immensely.

Delph is finally finding his form after benefiting from having a run of games. Him and Westwood are forming a great partnership in the middle of the park which will continue to develop under Lambert.

delph was a beast against stoke. finally we are starting to see a good player, we sometimes forget he has had a few serious injuries but am delighted he is showing signs of being a great little player

It was a good, battling display, as you would expect from Delph, and he was just the right pick for this occasion -  but he did not help us control the midfield well enough for 90 minutes and this nearly cost us all 3 points.

In total we only had 51% possession against a very poor Stoke midfield. Against Reading away and QPR at home we had 56% possession.

We lost the midfield when Charlie Adam came on, went a goal down and we only won because of something out of nothing from Lowton, right at the end of the game.

We deserved the win but Westwood and Delph will not be the right partnership for every game.

Â