Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

When he gets into a shooting position from range, on his left foot, he needs to go for it... he's messed up every time he's had an opportunity because he's hesitated.

He should have no reason to doubt himself if the shot is on as it doesn't matter what league you're in from distance, if it's on it's on.

Good tackling today. We didn't control the midfield but once again it didn't matter because our forward line keeps getting us the wins.

• Like 1

Hell, I thought his performance at Norwich was one of his poorest in recent games. Decent work rate, but whenever he had the chance to actually score or create a goal he seemed to freeze up. This is something that I think he is generally guilty of though.

If he can develop the confidence and composure needed to score goals and deliver through balls he really will be some player, because he definitely has the skills.

His shooting was shocking yesterday. And he had the touch of a rapist. Grew into the game as it went on though. Hopefully it's just a blip because he's been fairly solid these past few games. 

I was his biggest critic months ago but he has won me over. All action displays, running at defenders, skilful control. He has the lost. He doesn't score enough goals and his finishing/shooting is woeful but he's improving. Finally we are seeing what the fuss was about.

He's still got a bad habit of turning rash when dispossessed and running after the ball like a madman. I've lost count of how many times he's picked up a yellow because of that.

Other than that, though, I think he's done a fine job over the last few months. I'm just glad that Lambo came to his senses on Bannan and gave Delph a proper chance; he's definitely taken it and ran with it.

Strange he doesn't trust himself to shoot as he scored some blinders for Leeds.

Still, our most improved player this season.

I think after the injuries and loss of form when he first came here, perhaps he's finally recovering some confidence - I get the impression it was shot to pieces for a while. Goals will come I reckon. 

By far the best player on the pitch in this first half. So pleased for him...

Having a blinder, Looking forward to seeing him next season. Hopefully he'll start to get his confidence back in terms of getting forward and being more aggressive in his attacking play. Shown signs of it this game for sure.

Â