Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

I must have been watching a different game. All I saw was him losing control and ultimately the ball.

If this is now the standard of players we are expecting at Villa Park then things are much worse than I previously thought.

Think you we're watching a different match- thought he was really good yesterday. Few poor touches but his tackling, interceptions and driving the team forward more than made up for that.

Lets hope he can stay fit- offers so much more than bannan when he's playing well

Thought he was motm. He really covered the ground between the midfield and the defenders like we've needed for so many games now. One of the main reasons wham didn't create that much. 

To be honest from what I've read it was mostly a 50/50 split between George and Andrew. George would write the lyrics and Andrew would set them to music. 

Little to do with Fabian Delph. He wasn't even born when they were at the height of their fame. 

:lol: My bad. Just surprised Delaney wasn't to be blamed. Call me gay, but I actually liked some of their songs. :)

I still don't really rate him. His first touch is often too heavy and some of his decision making is terrible, he works hard I will give him that but that is about all.

Not picking on you but I thought his touch looked quality today; for instance there were a few hoofs from their goalie and defenders he instantly controlled with his first touch which should not go unnoticed.

Again his build-up play and one-touch passes with others was very good today and he showed glimpses of exceptional skill, most notably when he skipped past a few players and then got fouled by Pogatetz.

On at least 3 occasions he tried to run the ball out from the edge of our box only for his touch to be too heavy and him knock it way ahead of himself. Each time he lost the ball to a West Ham player resulting in us being put back under pressure. He didn't have a bad game but his first touch was at time simply terrible as it has frequently been when he plays.

According to the stats on the OS, Delph made 43 successful passes out of 47, 4 out of 7 take ons, 6 successful interceptions and 5 successful tackles out of 5.  In the past I have not thought that he was good enough, but those are very impressive statistics.

Oh joy more stats. I judge players on what I see rather than on sums on a spread sheet.

Stats from the OS :lol:  ... probably only paralleled by North Korea's own media distribution.

I dont think hes playing 'well', but he is playing better than before.

I echo trents concerns about the way he runs out from our box. Doesnt matter if he completes 43 out of 47 if the other 4 is giving the ball to the opposition in dangerous areas, as i can guarantee, none of the 43 will have been passes to our players in dangerous areas.

He really covered the ground between the midfield and the defenders like we've needed for so many games now. One of the main reasons wham didn't create that much.

I think Andrew Ridgeley has to take his fair share of the blame as well.

Thought he was motm. He really covered the ground between the midfield and the defenders like we've needed for so many games now. One of the main reasons wham didn't create that much.

To be honest from what I've read it was mostly a 50/50 split between George and Andrew. George would write the lyrics and Andrew would set them to music.

Little to do with Fabian Delph. He wasn't even born when they were at the height of their fame.

:lol: My bad. Just surprised Delaney wasn't to be blamed. Call me gay, but I actually liked some of their songs. :)

Nope, I'm a fan too. Of Wham! and the "I blame Mark Delaney" reference.

I also think Freddie Mercury is the daddy. Then there's the Mika thing, Brokeback Mountain and the creams and what not. If you're gay I'm gay and I'm definitely not gay. I've tried it, not my cuppa tea.

Anyway, I digress, Fabian Delph. He's alright... Not in a gay way...

• Like 1

Nope, I'm a fan too. Of Wham! and the "I blame Mark Delaney" reference.

I also think Freddie Mercury is the daddy. Then there's the Mika thing, Brokeback Mountain and the creams and what not. If you're gay I'm gay and I'm definitely not gay. I've tried it, not my cuppa tea.

Anyway, I digress, Fabian Delph. He's alright... Not in a gay way...

I miss Rick Astley in there, but I'm never gonna give you up on that one.

• Like 1

I must have been watching a different game. All I saw was him losing control and ultimately the ball.

If this is now the standard of players we are expecting at Villa Park then things are much worse than I previously thought.

So three moments in the game makes up the entire game for you?

He played well, but he did lose the ball, on a wet pitch, a couple times. Guess we should sell him and buy a player that never loses the ball.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't think he was ever that player. 

He makes driving runs forward with the ball, that is his asset, not his tackling. 

Exactly.

At Leeds he was a skilful attacking player that would drive forward with the ball.

I think he's again showing a few glimpses of being a decent player.

there is many mixed opinions on here about the attributes of certain players, ie, what positions they play, so far holman, nzogbia, delph, bannan, westwood, ireland and carruthers have all been questioned, and thats only from the current crop

Â