Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

To be fair his marking was all wrong, A couple of yards back and he clears it no probs.

Still cant understand though why we always seem to put on of the smallest blokes on the line,

We even do it when bannan starts, One day lambert will learn them tactics on how to defend a corner.

God damn it, There is even videos on youtube showing you what to do if you are unsure and reading this lambert.

Disagree personally, we could put someone on the line with a bit of height such as Vlaar, Baker or Benteke but I'd rather have those players marking players in the box. Stick the 5ft somethings on the post and they can clear most chances from the line, make them mark Berbatov in the box and they'll get beat everytime.

Oh right, Just how many Berbatov's were playing?

The OG was a complete fluke. Delph might have been in the wrong position according to Alan Hansen but it was still lucky that it went in.

What should concern us was our inability to create good scoring opportunities. Delph had 94% passing accuracy but didn't create anything with it.

The OG was a complete fluke. Delph might have been in the wrong position according to Alan Hansen but it was still lucky that it went in.

What should concern us was our inability to create good scoring opportunities. Delph had 94% passing accuracy but didn't create anything with it.

My cocks 9.4inchs but i still aint bummed a super model!

To be fair his marking was all wrong, A couple of yards back and he clears it no probs.

Still cant understand though why we always seem to put on of the smallest blokes on the line,

We even do it when bannan starts, One day lambert will learn them tactics on how to defend a corner.

God damn it, There is even videos on youtube showing you what to do if you are unsure and reading this lambert.

Disagree personally, we could put someone on the line with a bit of height such as Vlaar, Baker or Benteke but I'd rather have those players marking players in the box. Stick the 5ft somethings on the post and they can clear most chances from the line, make them mark Berbatov in the box and they'll get beat everytime.

Oh right, Just how many Berbatov's were playing?

Eurgh... I was using Berbatov as an example. Everyone knows we're hardly the most physical/tall team. I've done a bit of research (courtesy of Wikipedia so don't shoot me if it's not 100% correct), the below Fulham players are all 6ft+ and took part in the match at some point:

John Arne Riise - 6 ft 2 in
Philippe Senderos - 6 ft 2 in
Brede Hangeland - 6 ft 6 1⁄2 in
Dimitar Berbatov - 6 ft 2 1⁄2 in
Mladen Petrić - 6 ft 1 in
Bryan Ruiz - 6 ft 2 in
Stanislav Manolev - 6 ft 1 in

Compare that to our 6ft+ list:

Ron Vlaar - 6 ft 2 in
Yacouba Sylla - 6 ft 0 in
Christian Benteke - 6 ft 3 in
Jordan Bowery - 6 ft 1 in
Andreas Weimann - 6 ft 2 in
Nathan Baker - 6 ft 3 in 

I'd rather have those players marking Fulham's 6ft somethings than standing on the post, in my opinion of course. 

Delph can only be blamed for the OG if he got a shout from Guzan and still headed it.

If he hasn't had a shout then he absolutely HAS to try and get his head on the ball. We'd all be furious if he let it go over his head. It's just bad luck.

If Guzan (or Baker for that matter) called for it then yes he's at fault because he should have left it.

Standard practice (not that Delph was on the line, but anyway)

You have your big defenders marking the attackers. If you put your big men on the line then they're pretty much wasted there, apart from the one game in a thousand where the ball goes high enough that a 5 foot 10 bloke wouldn't quite reach it but you might. it's not worth it.

Standard practice (not that Delph was on the line, but anyway)

You have your big defenders marking the attackers. If you put your big men on the line then they're pretty much wasted there, apart from the one game in a thousand where the ball goes high enough that a 5 foot 10 bloke wouldn't quite reach it but you might. it's not worth it.

Exactly the point I was trying to make, but maybe didn't put it across correctly.

Driving run forward

Extravagant triple step over that fails to fool the defender.

Hurried 40 yard pass straight back to Guzan.

How many of these before we realise Delph's not a game winner?

Driving run forward

I'm surprised I agree with you on something but I agree. He's not an attacking midfielder at all, well he is in the sense that he makes forward runs, he isn't in the sense that his forward runs always come to nothing. For all his playing time this year has he contributed directly to any goals? 

He needs to have more composure. He runs around like a headless chicken most of the time. A lot of wasteful passes tonight.

He had 83 touches tonight - the highest of any Villa player other than Lowton. (The next highest Westwood with 69).

That's a lot of touches for a player that is not creating any chances, winning any headers, scoring any goals, taking any set pieces.

Some Villa fans like the driving runs he makes forward but they don't achieve anything and when he doesn't lose possession, he often passes backwards when he gets to the end of his run, which completely negates the point of making the run in the first place.

At least he 'looks busy'.

Driving run forward

I'm surprised I agree with you on something but I agree. He's not an attacking midfielder at all, well he is in the sense that he makes forward runs, he isn't in the sense that his forward runs always come to nothing. For all his playing time this year has he contributed directly to any goals? 

Or indirectly?

http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10265~3154357,00.html

Fabian Delph enjoyed the best figures after the defeat to Manlb_icon1.png Utd.

Delph has really come into his own these past few weeks and the stats show he was the pick of the pack, despite the loss at Old Trafford.

Delph was No.1 for interceptions with four, alongside Nathan Baker and Ashley Westwood.

Delph was No.2 for passes with sixty-six successful out of seventy-three made. Matt Lowton was No.4 with sixty successful out of sixty-five made. Michael Carrick was No.1 with eighty-five successful from ninety-five made.

Delph was No.1 for fouls suffered with three. Charles N'Zogbia was No.2 with two.

Andreas Weimann was No.1 for attacking third passes, with nineteen successful from twenty-five made. Lowton was No.2 with eighteen successful from twenty-two made. Delph was No.3 with sixteen successful from twenty-one made.

Lowton was No.3 for tackles with three successful from six made. Delph was No.4 with three successful from four made. Gabby Agbonlahor was No.5 with three successful from three made.

Ron Vlaar, Nathan Baker and Weimann were joint No.1 for blocks with one.

Karim El Ahmadi was No.2 for shots with two in total and two on target. Christian Benteke and Weimann were joint No.3 with two in total and one target. Unsurprisingly, Robin van Persie was No.1 with four in total, three on target and three goalsicon1.png.

Baker and Benteke were joint No.3 for chances created with two, behind Ryan Giggs and Wayne Rooney.

N'Zogbia was No.3 for take-ons with one successful from two made. Westwood was No.5 with one successful from one made.

Baker was No.2 for clearances with six successful from eight made. Vlaar was No.3 with four successful from six made. Lowton was No.4 with three in total.

Benteke was No.1 for aerial duels with six successful from nine made. Baker was No.4 with two successful from four made.

Villa's No.1 pass combination in the matchlb_icon1.png was Lowton to El Ahmadi with sixteen.

No.2 was Agbonlahor to Delph and Delph to Agbonlahor with fifteen.

• Like 1

Â