Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

Fabian Delph, along with Benteke and Guzan all deserved great praise for their performances tonight. He will be missed and unlucky that he was booked. The whole team seem to have been born on the dark side of the moon this season.

agree with others. probably his best game for Villa and showed guts and desire.

as for the yellow he could have got one for a late tackle in centre circle a few minutes before so it was inevitable

Agreed, thought he was very lucky to escape a card with that tackle

Until he cuts out these stupid bookings he will never be much use to us......all very well having a good game against a team we were never expecting anything from but to miss two matches against teams we MUST beat is stupidity at it's highest.

Never been to sure on him personally, but the last few games he is definitely starting to show some promise. If he can keep this up for a sustained period he could be a big player for us.

Until he cuts out these stupid bookings he will never be much use to us......all very well having a good game against a team we were never expecting anything from but to miss two matches against teams we MUST beat is stupidity at it's highest.

Hes commited, i can live with that. Wish all eleven had the same attitude.

Incidently, what was Roy Keanes major criticsm ;)

im glad hes out, but at the same time its a pity we have nobody better to replace him, oh ye we do...

yes its brilliant our best on form midfielder is out. you have to be a wind up merchant a bad one at that

I am amazed we didnt challenge that yellow card.

I know he made some questionable challenges during the game but the hand ball he got the card for was never intentional. Awful decision

Don't think you can appeal yellows

I am amazed we didnt challenge that yellow card.

I know he made some questionable challenges during the game but the hand ball he got the card for was never intentional. Awful decision

So I guess the key question is: would you not have awarded a foul? Or would you have allowed him to gain an advantage from handling the ball? And if a Man C player had done the same would you have been OK with that? If it's a foul, it's a booking because that's what the rules say. Can't really see what there is to challenge. It certainly didn't look like involuntary or accidental handball so it was an offence in my book.

Edited by briny_ear

Is Delph as good as we think he is? Was talking to a Blackburn fan earlier who watched the game Monday who reckons he's shite. I told him Delph had actually improved lately, but do we now only rate him because he was so bad before that, that any kind of improvement makes him seem like a decent player to us?

Is Delph as good as we think he is? Was talking to a Blackburn fan earlier who watched the game Monday who reckons he's shite. I told him Delph had actually improved lately, but do we now only rate him because he was so bad before that, that any kind of improvement makes him seem like a decent player to us?

On Monday against one of the best midfields in the league he was the stand out player. Against other very good sides in Arsenal and Everton he also more than held his own. Also against one of the more physical sides in West Ham a few weeks ago he really put himself about and was at the forefront of a battling display from the whole team and rightly got man on the match.

Delph has been very good lately and is becoming a very important player for us. It is also clear that Stans attitude has rub off on him and in terms of effort he is giving it his all.

I suppose to sum up the Blackburn fan you spoke to knows **** all.

Edited by markavfc40

On Monday against one of the best midfields in the league he was the stand out player. Against other very good sides in Arsenal and Everton he also more than held his own. Also against one of the more physical sides in West Ham a few weeks ago he really put himself about and was at the forefront of a battling display from the whole team and rightly got man on the match.

Delph has been very good lately and is becoming a very important player for us. It is also clear that Stans attitude has rub off on him and in terms of effort he is giving it his all.

I suppose to sum up the Blackburn fan you spoke to knows **** all.

I actually thought Delph was our best player on Monday night myself, bar Guzan.

I'm just wondering whether we have a tendency to overrate several of our players, if players like Westwood, Delph, Gabby, CNZ, Lowton, Baker etc. were as good as we thought, then surely we would be a lot higher in the table.

Unless of course the manager is so bad that he's failing to motivate anybody to play anywhere near their potential.

Â