Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

Played 6 aside last night, against a team much better than us and much higher in the league than us (although we are bottom, so that's not difficult)

We drew 1-1. I had a stormer including a penalty save in the last minute which would have won the game for them.

Further evidence to my theory that most normal people can't take penalties.

We're top of our league now after successive turbulent seasons of players leaving etc... 2 goals conceded in 4 games.

a ref in our local league has gone the full postal

Saturday he abandoned a game on 77 minutes having sent 5 players off from one team a 2 from the other. Last night he sent 4 off from one team and 1 from the other. Two of last night's sendings off were double yellows, in both cases he gave a yellow for dissent, then a second yellow when the guy laughed for being booked for dissent.

I have been cheered up today by negotiations with Audi for my new car going very very well indeed.

So well, in fact, that I can't help but think I'm getting bent over and butt loved by them! But I'll ride the wave while I can!

• Like 2

What does she do?

I had to mooney that, clothes designer for Toxic Vision. And model apparently

Well if you were a designer and you looked like that you'd definite model your own shit.  I hope she designs a naked range next.

I've been considering more and more over the last few months whether I have a drink problem, and have been prompted to do something about it by getting so drunk last night (on my own, at home, in the dark, listening to depressing music) that I've been throwing up and only just managed to get out of bed. I'm fairly sure my boss must have noticed I was pissed when I called in sick.

Still feel like shit, but I've been cheered up by pouring the rest of the booze I've got down the sink. Last night was the last time, here's to sobriety. :)

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 4

I have been cheered up today by negotiations with Audi for my new car going very very well indeed.

So well, in fact, that I can't help but think I'm getting bent over and butt loved by them! But I'll ride the wave while I can!

I bought from Audi about 6 months ago after playing them off against BMW and got a right deal. Couldn't believe how far I got them to move.

I bought from Audi about 6 months ago after playing them off against BMW and got a right deal. Couldn't believe how far I got them to move.

That's just it.

My gf bought one from them a year ago and said she couldn't get them to move a penny.

But the guy rang me today and said they had a car on it's way that matched the spec I wanted. Offered me £1800 for my golf as part ex and told me if I added a grand to the deposit then the monthly payments would be £x per month.

I basically told him to **** off. Not so bluntly, obviously, but I made it very clear that the monthly cost was way over my budget and that he was having a laugh with the part ex price (I was expecting £2500)

Rang back within 10 minutes and told me they'd put the part ex price up to £2400, and if I topped the deposit up to 3 grand (which I was always willing to do) then they'd bring the monthly payment down to £100 less (give or take) than he'd originally offered!

I hadn't even planned to do any negotiating by phone.

This is why I can't help but think I'm getting screwed somewhere and can't see it.

Didn't agree to anything over the phone, going to go in and make sure everything is as it seems and the spec is right etc. But sounds promising!

Edited by Stevo985

Driving home via the supermarket, listening to The Beach Boys, watching all the pretty girls walk by, and heading home to eat some hot dogs and get stuck into these:

1911899_10152337988873593_2088918626_n.j

• Like 4

I'm sure you never mentioned that at the time :)

Â