Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

Vince Cable

Finally he's said something we can all agree with :P

Vince Cable has been criticised after saying teachers know "absolutely nothing about the world of work".

Edited by tonyh29

Vince Cable

Vince Cable blasts 'toxic' Tory claims that immigrants take British jobs and dismisses 'medieval' blocks

?

I set fire to £180 (don't ask - one for the confessions thread), sent the remains of the notes off to the Bank of England mutilated notes service, and they've paid the whole lot back.

:)

That's pretty cool. How much of the note needs to be intact for them to do that?

Vince Cable

I like the Cable Guy. I think he speaks muchos sense.

I agree with what he's just said with regards to Teachers and Careers advice too. They arguably are not the best people to give career advice. Thery are there to help kids learn, not really to advise on the best 'career path/profession' for a child (IMO).

Listening to some of the classic Gervais and Merchant XFM shows from 2001/2002. Best radio show ever!

Absolutely brilliant stuff.

Wish I'd known about it when it first aired.

Luckily having them all on Youtube (and there are loooooooads) is brilliant.

I set fire to £180 (don't ask - one for the confessions thread), sent the remains of the notes off to the Bank of England mutilated notes service, and they've paid the whole lot back.

:)

That's pretty cool. How much of the note needs to be intact for them to do that?

They say that the general rule of thumb is half, but they do apply discretion depending on the damage and how it was done. I sent them mainly thirds, and most didn't have the full serial number remaining. Result.

Listening to some of the classic Gervais and Merchant XFM shows from 2001/2002. Best radio show ever!

Absolutely brilliant stuff.

Wish I'd known about it when it first aired.

Luckily having them all on Youtube (and there are loooooooads) is brilliant.

I used to have them all downloaded back in the day but lost them when my old laptop crashed. Kudos to the chap who uploaded them onto YouTube

I love the bickering between Steve and Karl in the early shows!  :D

i found myself listening to the music that Ricky liked in the shows and pretty much universally, i love it all. Cat Stevens, Neil Young, David Bowie, The Smiths and a few others, Obviously I was aware of the artists but had never really listened to them in much detail.

XFM do still turn out some decent material, The Josh Widdicombe show on Saturday and the John Robins & Ellis James show on a Sunday are both very good (can get the podcasts online).

Â