Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

But ............its an Audi................ :D

Yeah, so it holds it's value for longer because it's a desirable brand ;)

Skoda with a badge :D

Not really.

VW Golf with a badge? absolutely.

But don't you Loose 3 grand of the resale price the second you drive off the forecourt ? I bought a new car in 2006 its the first and last

If you were buying it outright, then yes (probably more in fact)

But on the PCP deals, the amount you get credit for is dependent on the future value of the car. As a car gets more miles, the future value decreases. Meaning that the savings you make buying a used car in this manner over a new car isn't very much.

At least this is how it was explained to me, maybe I'm being mugged off :D

Put it this way. My brand new A3 is going to cost me significantly less per month with the same deposit than a used A5 at more or less the same On The Road price.

You mean the A3 that Audi are letting you pay them to drive for the next 3 years. They'll then penalise you for any damage or miles above what you have signed up for :D. You're effectively renting one of their cars.

I have never seen the attraction of these kind of 'deals'. I'd much rather buy something outright either for cash or with a loan and know that its mine and I can do what ever I want with it and not accountable to someone else.

I PCP'd a brand new Mercedes in 2006 - had it for a couple of years at a very favourable rate as they had an arrangement with my company. It was £250pm for a Black C180K. List price was about £23k-£24k I think. Had it for 2 years (20,000 miles) and handed it back. 

The plus side of the deal was that I got to drive a brand new Mercedes, which was delivered to my front door, had the tax paid on it for 2 years and didn't have to worry about an MOT or the cost of a service. Even replacement tyres were free as I had the maintenance package as well. I paid £6k over two years, which some people said was a waste of money as I was only renting/leasing the car. So what? What benefits are there in buying a car anyway? You don't make money on cars (well, only extremely rare or classic ones). I could have spent £15k on a used Merc or Beamer and probably lost a few thousand in depreciation over 2 years plus had to foot the bills on the MOT/Servicing. Whatever way you add it up, owning or leasing a car costs money! 

It gave me an opportunity to drive a brand new car and I'm glad I did it. If it wasn't for my mortgage now i'd do it again! 

Pretty much how I see it.

I won't own a car at the end of it.

But I own the car I last bought and its worth about 2 grand part ex. I'd wager I'd get at least that towards a new one if I trade in my A3 after 3 years

Coming in from work and seeing Mrs H has got me steak for dinner tonight

1 down 1 to go :)

ha ha

I had a text from my missus asking if I could bunk off for a half day and have beans on toast for lunch

I had my beans on toast

Friday night BBC4.

I see they have the please please me remake radio session on

Worth staying up for just to see Beverley knights Twist and Shout

Stunning performance

• Like 1

The Italian National Anthem. Il Canto degli Italiani really is a joyous National Anthem. Only bettered by Sri Lanka Matha.

Every Italian person I know hates it.

I know 1 Italian person

The Italian National Anthem. Il Canto degli Italiani really is a joyous National Anthem. Only bettered by Sri Lanka Matha.

I know 1 Italian person

Always seems like it should end with everyone shouting, "OI!"  Like an Italian version of a good old Cockney knees up song.

Edited by dAVe80
  • Like 1

I know 1 Italian person

Always seems like it should end with everyone shouting, "OI!"  Like an Italian version of a good old Cockney knees up song.

shaddap-a you face!

Edited by Nigel

I know 1 Italian person

Oi, have an banana!

Â