Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

Isn't a comic a magazine style serial while a graphic novel is a stand alone book? That's how I've always viewed it.

No, a comic is funny, a graphic novel is a comic with no jokes which can be bought upstairs in Forbidden Planet, a shop that actually smells of slack teenage hygiene.

• Like 1

Tom_and_Jerry_Golden_Collection_-_Volume

On order. Restored and uncensored.

I thought the 'uncensored' was a bit of irony until I found that many collections are cut to pieces to remove 'black face' jokes.

a whole episode (short) was basically remade because of mammy two shoes

it's getting that way, they were all lined up yesterday watching me paint the fence*, surprisingly off putting.

if you move slowly you can touch them

I expect I'll be on the news in 20 years time stood outside some magistrates court explaining 'things were different back then'.

*not a euphemism

Sex in the morning is great

Especially before breakfast so you can work up an appetite

Agreed. This morning I did sausage, smoked bacon, hash browns, duck eggs, baked beans and mushrooms. All after a spot of mutton dagger versus marshmallow.

Sex in the morning is great

Especially before breakfast so you can work up an appetite

Agreed. This morning I did sausage, smoked bacon, hash browns, duck eggs, baked beans and mushrooms. All after a spot of mutton dagger versus marshmallow.

gknP19U.gif

• Like 3

Bit of sunshine and the attractive women come out. Just seen an absolute stunner in New Oscott - was nearly drooling, cartoon style!

Tom_and_Jerry_Golden_Collection_-_Volume

On order. Restored and uncensored.

I thought the 'uncensored' was a bit of irony until I found that many collections are cut to pieces to remove 'black face' jokes.

a whole episode (short) was basically remade because of mammy two shoes

They also dubbed Mammy Two Shoes in a lot of episodes so that the accent wasn't so stereotypical. An interesting fact for wrestling fans is that Shelton Benjamin's 'mum' does the new voice

2022948-shelton-and-mama.jpg

I believe they also cut parts of an episode where Tom rolls a cigarette in one scene. You can ram a stick of dynamite down an animal's throat or beat him with an iron or frying pan and that's fine but smoking is a step too far...

As a kid I never realised the black face jokes were racist, a lot of the time the character would have something blow up in their face so I just assumed soot or burns.

Back to that particular DVD set, it includes this episode

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24e-B00iiws

:thumb:

This is the episode I was on about, I think.

They remade it with mammy two shoes replaced with a teenage girl

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QFNTi1_JAw&feature=youtube_gdata_player

I was going to say Wigan beating Man City, then I saw Dave Whelan in the crowd. Now I'm thinking I should post this in the "things that piss you off" thread.

Â