Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

Sunday morning I played in my Sunday recreational league and the guy filling is as keeper for us was wearing an Everton shirt.  I apologized to him for forgetting to wear a Villa shirt.   He took it pretty well, actually.

• Haha 2

Have really enjoyed watching the European gymnastics finals this weekend.

The GB lads have been phenomenal and achieved so much! They all appear to be well grounded and decent lads too.

Also, the commentary has been great too - a nice mix of expert knowledge and genuine enthusiasm for the sport.

certainly better than watching the football this weekend 😁

15 hours ago, trekka said:

Tickets booked for the Birmingham International Tattoo to take out my Mother and sister to something different when next up :D. Looks pretty good!

Official Website

Are your mother and sister gang members? 

spacer.png

Having today off work and slowly trying to unwind (although I was sorting out a work query at 1am)

4 days off. Lovely jubbly. 

Wanted to hear how young Ramsey was getting on at Norwich v SHA. Clicked on BBC sport got to match text 3 times each time I did the first. Line was 

foul  Tory Deeney (Birmingham City)

Edited by colhint

New kitchen finally installed.

Nine days without the usual stuff a kitchen comprises of, but that's nowhere near the 16 months I went without a dishwasher.

Welcome back my old friend :)

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, sidcow said:

The boy did well in his GCSE's. 

A level studies were hit by Covid, he made a bad choice in subjects, had some personal issues with his Girlfriend, he lost 2 Grandparents and really struggled to get good grades. Left school badly motivated and really just wanting a reset.  

Didn't look for a job for a while and eventually just fell into a supermarket job. 

He really wants to work in Engineering. 

Didn't get his mojo back in time to apply for this year's apprenticeships. But he knows he wants more than a supermarket, he's finally got bored of just earning enough money to keep him in beer and petrol. 

A friend of ours is HR manager at a major Aerospace firm and got him a week's work experience this week. 

It's like a light bulb has been switched on within him. Everyday he's come home just so enthused about what he's been doing, absolutely loving it. 

10 minutes ago we had a text message from him saying they've offered him a 12 month contract taking him up to next year's apprenticeship intake.  I'm absolutely delighted for him. So proud he's obviously made a big impression on them in just a couple of days. 

He's a good kid, had a couple of rough years and totally deserves this. 

Great news! 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, sidcow said:

The boy did well in his GCSE's. 

A level studies were hit by Covid, he made a bad choice in subjects, had some personal issues with his Girlfriend, he lost 2 Grandparents and really struggled to get good grades. Left school badly motivated and really just wanting a reset.  

Didn't look for a job for a while and eventually just fell into a supermarket job. 

He really wants to work in Engineering. 

Didn't get his mojo back in time to apply for this year's apprenticeships. But he knows he wants more than a supermarket, he's finally got bored of just earning enough money to keep him in beer and petrol. 

A friend of ours is HR manager at a major Aerospace firm and got him a week's work experience this week. 

It's like a light bulb has been switched on within him. Everyday he's come home just so enthused about what he's been doing, absolutely loving it. 

10 minutes ago we had a text message from him saying they've offered him a 12 month contract taking him up to next year's apprenticeship intake.  I'm absolutely delighted for him. So proud he's obviously made a big impression on them in just a couple of days. 

He's a good kid, had a couple of rough years and totally deserves this. 

Delighted for him and you. Isn't it scary in an alternate reality that kid never gets the opportunity and maybe the lightbulb never goes on. Well done :thumb:

• Thanks 1

Â