Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

6 hours ago, rjw63 said:

My wife has got us a gig for my birthday but the show isn't til February next year,  includes a stay over in Edinburgh. 

I just found out who we are going to see. 

Randy.  ****. Newman. 

Can't believe it,  she really is golden is my other half. 😊

That is such a nice surprise.

I was honestly sure Randy Newman was dead. 

• Shocked 1

On 11/08/2022 at 21:45, chrisp65 said:

First home game of the season tomorrow and we appear to be getting the old band back together.

Tough times last season and a few people lost it a bit and we had a few flounce out, a few banned from the bar, even had the tannoy announcer sacked on the last day! But lots of behind the scenes work appears to have paid off.

This will be exceptionally good for the mental elf of quite a few middle aged dickheads with nothing better to do. 

was at Chertsey Town on Sat for our first game of the season

Having lost the play off final and subsequently had half our team poached for higher levels  , the club decided to re-invest the money they made on the important thing ..and during the off season they built us an outside bar , complete with covering , TV screens and a raised area where you can watch the game with under cover whilst drinking outside ..they even fitted beer cup holders in it 

Happy hour for the Villa game and 4 pints of Ashai for £10  

I think Chetsey won as well  , can be sure though 

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Heading to West Cork this week. it would usually cheer me up anyway, but taking the little one for his first holiday so should be extra enjoyable (and stressful!)

The Cork accent can be very stressful.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, BOF said:

The Cork accent can be very stressful.

First time I took my other half there was absolutely hilarious. It's deep, rural Cork so some of the accents knocking around are very thick. She really struggled.

My auntie got drunk the one night at a family party and tried to have a conversation with her and the poor girl had absolutely no chance

• Like 1

13 hours ago, il_serpente said:

Anyone have him on their Deadpool list?   They'll be hoping for Rob's birthday to be ruined.🤔

It won't be, my birthday was yesterday 🤣

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

First time I took my other half there was absolutely hilarious. It's deep, rural Cork so some of the accents knocking around are very thick. She really struggled.

My auntie got drunk the one night at a family party and tried to have a conversation with her and the poor girl had absolutely no chance

Ah yes....wesht Cork, boi ! Unfortunately all my family are in the North side of the city ("norries") so it's hard to escape to the County but I did do a lovely day in Cobh.

Hope your boy loves it !

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mottaloo said:

Ah yes....wesht Cork, boi ! Unfortunately all my family are in the North side of the city ("norries") so it's hard to escape to the County but I did do a lovely day in Cobh.

Hope your boy loves it !

Cobh is really beautiful. Amazingly I hadn’t been there before about 2 years ago but very glad I went in the end. 

75-C0918-D-4084-4-AFE-A4-BA-A9-BE2-E1-EA

5-CD15-FE7-68-F2-4504-94-D4-8-F39-F66918

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, mottaloo said:

Hope your boy loves it !

What would Roy Keane make of you wearing joggers?

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Xela said:

What would Roy Keane make of you wearing joggers?

Keane is,  like my family, also a northsider (Mayfield) but joggers are standard uniform for most norries (see the film the young offenders 😉), so it's alot safer there for me than say......sainsbury carparks 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

My (ex) sister in law had a very thick Aberdeen accent. After a few drinks I couldn't understand a word she said which was unfortunate as after a few drinks she couldn't shut the **** up. 

My new sister in law is Spanish and learned her English in Edinburgh and I can still understand her better than the previous model. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, sidcow said:

My (ex) sister in law had a very thick Aberdeen accent. After a few drinks I couldn't understand a word she said which was unfortunate as after a few drinks she couldn't shut the **** up. 

My new sister in law is Spanish and learned her English in Edinburgh and I can still understand her better than the previous model. 

Haha sounds like one of my Irish cousins’ exes. He was from Northern Ireland, can’t remember where, but his accent was wild. I’m fine with the northern Irish accent but this was totally new to me. 

He was a really nice bloke and we got on like a house on fire but I was constantly asking him to repeat himself because I never had a clue what he was saying

Â