Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

32 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Same here. What are the chances. 

High.  Don't the adverts tell you that it could be you with a massive finger pointing at you?

Can't lose I have expect.

7 minutes ago, Tegis said:

Watching my colleague suffer after a Vindaloo lunch.  (I had a more humane Madras)

I grew a dwarf chilli plant and it had a single large yellow chilli fruit. I put this chilli in a chilli meal and christ on a bike was it hot. It was OK with lager to soothe the sensation, but the next day...

By taking advantage of the unlimited free amendments we’ve managed to get the holiday we probably won’t be able to go on in December down by £350.

We noticed they’d reduced the price so swapped to another destination, then immediately back to the exact same holiday for a load less.

1 hour ago, fightoffyour said:

On Ebay where someone is winning an auction for literally 5 straight days as the only bidder and lo and behold you come in with just seconds to spare to snipe it away.

Flip Off Doubtfire GIF - Flip Someone Off The Finger Mrs Doubtfire -  Discover & Share GIFs

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, fightoffyour said:

On Ebay where someone is winning an auction for literally 5 straight days as the only bidder and lo and behold you come in with just seconds to spare to snipe it away.

I remember many years ago when ebay was pretty new we wanted a Toyota key ring for the mother in law. Found it, bid on it and patiently waited a week for it to end, only for exactly what you said to happen. 
There wasn’t a lot of buy it now back then.

4 hours ago, Genie said:

I remember many years ago when ebay was pretty new we wanted a Toyota key ring for the mother in law. Found it, bid on it and patiently waited a week for it to end, only for exactly what you said to happen. 
There wasn’t a lot of buy it now back then.

Sorry, do you still want it? 😋

I wonder if there's some hoarder out there with a load of sniped eBay purchases they never actually wanted.

Edited by fightoffyour
  • Sad 1

A fantastic weekend of sport ahead cheers me up. Made even better by following an intenational break. Cars, bikes, football and the NFL season starting. Salted snack overdose.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

Jesus Christ, thought they were going to tear the poor thing to pieces to bask in the glory of saving the bloody thing. 

The crowd catching something at US sports is a much bigger deal than it is here isn’t it.

6 minutes ago, Genie said:

The crowd catching something at US sports is a much bigger deal than it is here isn’t it.

True, that guy who caught the ball in the 100 got a much bigger round of applause for then catching his phone that fell out of his pocket then one necking a pint of beer than he ever did for catching the ball. 

Â