Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

Love this. Especially from about 7:30 onwards... that could more or less be filmed today! A lot of buildings still the same (NatWest tower aside!)

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Genie said:

Small lump. 

I found one when I was about 18. Went to the doctor, who got me an ultrasound the next day at Good Hope.

The guy doing the ultrasound shouldn’t have said anything but he did mention that he didn’t think it was cancer which put me a bit at ease.

Got booked in to have the lump taken off, it was just a small harmless cyst.

I had exactly the same. Although they thought mine was a cyst but it ended up being so small they didn't bother doing anything to it.

Was quite weird having the ultrasound guy showing me my own balls on the screen and talking through what everything was. I asked him if it was a boy or a girl and I don't think he got the joke

Edited by Stevo985
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I had exactly the same. Although they thought mine was a cyst but it ended up being so small they didn't bother doing anything to it.

Was quite weird having the ultrasound guy showing me my own balls on the screen and talking through what everything was. I asked him if it was a boy or a girl and I don't think he got the joke

If that had been me, I'd have laughed and my chewing gum would have fell out of my mouth and onto your bollocks and I'd have panicked enough to just quickly pick it up and put it back in my mouth because I'm awkward like that. 

So in a way stevo, it's a bit like giving you a blow job by proxy innit? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

If that had been me, I'd have laughed and my chewing gum would have fell out of my mouth and onto your bollocks and I'd have panicked enough to just quickly pick it up and put it back in my mouth because I'm awkward like that. 

Worst chat up line ever.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

That explains why I was erect the entire time

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

That explains why I was erect the entire time

Now I wish I'd said a polo mint because it would have been like that garden game. 

shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcQq_e3qHKze3wQqvZV5Y66Bl0C6EPeXMS7SdnBCRiCytxOQFk-rLPebHiHgvXtVEGIdZDQx6fj-KffxIf7vrQ5m0PMDJQOf962xJcf5yMnlQVvBWpLDUFXQ&usqp=CAE

(the green stick is your penis and the hoops are my polo mints :( 

Edited by lapal_fan

On 31/08/2021 at 21:50, El Zen said:

Good! Now make sure you actually go to the gym as well 💪

(Check out the Gym Routine thread if you want some pointers.) 

I went and it was good.  I'd booked it for 1.45 but turns out the lady didn't start til 2 so not a good start, then there was a bit of a Partridge moment when I was waiting and could hear someone shouting 'Darren....Darren...DARRENN!' and realised they were trying to get my attention (my name is Dave).  But once I was in there she was nice, quite hot in an Amazonian way and I think rowing machines is what will suit me the best, with a few other things.  Hopefully going to go 4 or 5 times a week.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I went and it was good.  I'd booked it for 1.45 but turns out the lady didn't start til 2 so not a good start, then there was a bit of a Partridge moment when I was waiting and could hear someone shouting 'Darren....Darren...DARRENN!' and realised they were trying to get my attention (my name is Dave).  But once I was in there she was nice, quite hot in an Amazonian way and I think rowing machines is what will suit me the best, with a few other things.  Hopefully going to go 4 or 5 times a week.

Good work, Darren! 

(Seriously, though. If you do want to some pointers, there are a few of us over in the gym thread who are quite experienced gym rats. We love to humble brag our superior knowledge to newbies 🤓

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sharkyvilla said:

Hope you enjoy it as that's the main point. Improving your health and fitness is a great thing to do but do it in a way you'll enjoy. That way you'll keep it up. Be it the rowing machines, cardio, free weights or bodyweight stuff, find what works for you as you'll get the most from it if you enjoy it as consistency is key. 

As @El Zen says head over to the gym thread if you have any questions or just want to talk and get some support.

I'd recommend watching Simon Miller's videos on YouTube if you're just starting off. There's loads of others I could recommend but he's great for a beginner as whilst he explains stuff he's very welcoming, kind and supportive (unlike some YouTube fitness people). 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Xela said:

16 weeks until Christmas... i've still got over 5 weeks of leave to take before then 😎

Yeah, I've no idea how I'm going to use all mine. 

Might change to a 4 day week for the rest of the year 🙂🙂

2 minutes ago, Brumerican said:

Ain't been to work for nearly 2 years now .

Can't believe i fell for that nonsense for almost 40 years.

Wait, what... you are one of us old folks? 

Â