Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

Just now, Davkaus said:

What job did you do as a baby? :D

I was under orders regardless. It's only now where I rule.😀

Seriously though it's took me 40 years to realise I was a hamster on a wheel and the freedom I feel now is so amazing .

9 minutes ago, Brumerican said:

I was under orders regardless. It's only now where I rule.😀

Seriously though it's took me 40 years to realise I was a hamster on a wheel and the freedom I feel now is so amazing .

What do you do now then chap if you don’t mind me asking? Self employed? Lottery win? Benefits?

18 minutes ago, Brumerican said:

Seriously though it's took me 40 years to realise I was a hamster on a wheel 

I feel that. I'm working hard on the wheel so hopefully can come off it in 10 years and take early retirement. 

Just now, Xela said:

I feel that. I'm working hard on the wheel so hopefully can come off it in 10 years and take early retirement. 

And do what ? 

You could die tomorrow.

I'm not being judgey just introspective,

Just now, fightoffyour said:

I think most people probably agree but we’re wondering how you afford to eat

I rarely eat . My lifestylyle is not something anybody should aspire to but I am finally at peace . 

I've been here before and always will be . 

That's the secret .

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

10 hours ago, Brumerican said:

And do what ? 

You could die tomorrow.

I'm not being judgey just introspective,

You are right, you never know when your time is up. If its soon then the gamble hasn't paid off!

I'm hoping to stop working around 52, full time, if not completely. What will I do? No idea! It'll just be nice to have the option to do anything I want without the worry of money. I'll probably buy a place by the sea, grow my beard again and try to write the perfect novel. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Genie said:

I’m planning to play a lot of golf when I retire, I hope I like it otherwise I’m gonna be stumped for things to do.

Fishing is the backup plan.

I would start with the fishing and have a back up plan of anything which isn't golf. 

When I retire I would like to spend more time watching live entertainment.  Theatre, Comedy, Music.  Keep most evenings and weekends busy but it's going to cost shit loads obviously so pension pot will need to be big. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Davkaus said:

I'm coming to the end of my third week off work, and I couldn't imagine being bored without a job. In retirement I'll do lots more of the things I currently enjoy doing.

Unless you're doing a job that you feel incredibly passionately about that really makes a difference, it's very unfortunate to derive one's self-worth from the selling of labour. A career is a necesssary evil for me, and the sooner I can knock it on the head, the better.

I know so many people who say they'd be bored if they didn't have to work anymore, and I don't know if they're in denial so they don't have to contemplate working for another few decades, or if they're very, very boring people that need some hobbies.

Same. I've had today off. Loved it. Had a few errands to run and now relaxing. Perfect!

My Dad says to me now that he doesn't know how he had time to work because he's so busy in retirement. He looks younger and happier now than when he did when he was working!

Work is a means to an end for me. I'm on the way down now! Been there nearly 20 years. 

• Like 1

Â