Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

Bank Holiday pub crawl! Got to my local the Three Tuns for 10, Landlord had done a load of bacon sarnies, coupled with a few pints. Taxi to the Swan in Fradley, Plough in Huddlesford, every pub in Whittington and back toward Tamworth. Absolutely tanked and what a cracking day out! Absolutely love my local and the people in it. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, SuperTed said:

Bank Holiday pub crawl! Got to my local the Three Tuns for 10, Landlord had done a load of bacon sarnies, coupled with a few pints. Taxi to the Swan in Fradley, Plough in Huddlesford, every pub in Whittington and back toward Tamworth. Absolutely tanked and what a cracking day out! Absolutely love my local and the people in it. 

SuperTed?

More like Father Ted...no hang on, Father Jack. Yeah Father Jack Jugghead 😁

• Haha 2

It's been a while but I still have the ability to drink (quite a bit), come home and make fried egg sarnies

That this skill hasn't deserted me definitely cheers me up

Oh yes and the missus is away so I can play music loud late at night. in this instance Echoes by the Pink Floyds, that cheers me up massively too

• Like 4

7 hours ago, SuperTed said:

I thought the Plough has gone a little downhill since it changed owners. Popping back there soon to see if its improved but seemed as if the beer selection, food and service had all gotten worse. 

• Shocked 1

8 hours ago, SuperTed said:

My Mum and Dad used to take me and my sister to the Plough as kids. Bottle of coke and  some crisps outside by the canal. We befriended a baby lamb one year who the. Owners at the time used to keep. We called it Larry (not very original but we were very young) Used to get excited as you go Over the bridge to see the pub and Larry at the side. Then one week Larry was not there and we were really concerned so got Dad to enquire as to the whereabouts  of Larry. Sadly my Dad was and is not the most subtle of people and casually told us Larry had been killed and eaten the previous Sunday. Funny the things you remember 

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, Seat68 said:

I thought the Plough has gone a little downhill since it changed owners. Popping back there soon to see if its improved but seemed as if the beer selection, food and service had all gotten worse. 

Thought it looked quite nice in there yesterday. Menu looked decent but I was on a liquid diet yesterday so can’t attest to the quality of the food but good pint of Guinness! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

My Mum and Dad used to take me and my sister to the Plough as kids. Bottle of coke and  some crisps outside by the canal. We befriended a baby lamb one year who the. Owners at the time used to keep. We called it Larry (not very original but we were very young) Used to get excited as you go Over the bridge to see the pub and Larry at the side. Then one week Larry was not there and we were really concerned so got Dad to enquire as to the whereabouts  of Larry. Sadly my Dad was and is not the most subtle of people and casually told us Larry had been killed and eaten the previous Sunday. Funny the things you remember 

Well that’s ruined my day 😂

16 hours ago, SuperTed said:

Did you go to the Whittington Arms? I only ask as I drove past it yesterday as well as the ones in Hopwas. Was a nice day for it! 

1 minute ago, Big Salad said:

Oh lord please tell me you're not an Apple man now?

Nope. Went to a Xiaomi POCO F3. High spec mid price and the bigger of the two (8Gb). Thankfully not monstrously larger than the S6 (4/5ths of an inch longer). But it's a pretty heavy beast in comparison.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Xela said:

Did you go to the Whittington Arms? I only ask as I drove past it yesterday as well as the ones in Hopwas. Was a nice day for it! 

The one opposite the barracks? If so sadly not mate as it’s a bit of a diversion from the canal. It was indeed! Manage to have a drink yourself yesterday? 

1 hour ago, theboyangel said:

The transfer window ‘slamming shut’ combined with the imminent return of kids to school!

you never know, On Topic may be readable soon 🤣

No games for 2 weeks either. 

tenor.gif

• Like 2

Â