Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

16 minutes ago, dAVe80 said:

I'm going for a piss up in a brewery tonight. Place I've wanted to go for a while, but not got round to yet, cus you know, covid and that.

Steam Machine Brewery

Enjoy! I'm off the sauce, but expect to be tested mightily this summer as people come together again.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, trekka said:

Receiving a letter from the Student Loan Company stating that I need to contact them as I'm due to finish paying soon and they don't want me to overpay.  I've treated it as a tax on my wages for the past 10 years and finally it is coming to an end!  Having studied 2 full degrees, I had a large debt but now that the payments are ending,  I suddenly feel like I have a pay rise :)

In many ways it is a tax on your wages, and if it had been structured as a graduate tax from the beginning, rather than as a loan/debt, then it would have been a much better policy.

/boringpolicyposting

26 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Enjoy! I'm off the sauce, but expect to be tested mightily this summer as people come together again.

I cut down over lockdown, but I'm ready to rock again. First proper opportunity for a few scoops since restrictions got lifted. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, trekka said:

Receiving a letter from the Student Loan Company stating that I need to contact them as I'm due to finish paying soon and they don't want me to overpay.  I've treated it as a tax on my wages for the past 10 years and finally it is coming to an end!  Having studied 2 full degrees, I had a large debt but now that the payments are ending,  I suddenly feel like I have a pay rise :)

I paid mine off last year, or maybe the year before can’t remember now as the last 12 months have been a repetitive blur.

Quite a liberating feeling when you see your first pay slip without the deductions, I remember at one point thinking I’d never pay it off.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, dAVe80 said:

I'm going for a piss up in a brewery tonight. Place I've wanted to go for a while, but not got round to yet, cus you know, covid and that.

Steam Machine Brewery

WE PUSH THE BOUNDARIES OF EXPERIMENTAL BEERS. USING SCIENCE AND CREATIVITY TO EXPLORE HISTORIC AND MODERN RECIPES AND INGREDIENTS. BY PROVIDING EXCELLENT SERVICE AND A COMMUNITY HUB FOR OUR CUSTOMERS TO SHARE THEIR EXPERIENCES TOGETHER

Memo to marketing guy:   We like to throw a bunch of stuff together and see if it tastes good.   Can you make that sound a little more appealing?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I paid mine off last year, or maybe the year before can’t remember now as the last 12 months have been a repetitive blur.

Quite a liberating feeling when you see your first pay slip without the deductions, I remember at one point thinking I’d never pay it off.

On the contrary, I’m hoping to never pay mine off. Already paid more than I should’ve had to.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Not for your new neighbours once you settle in and get up to speed again

Since when has DHUTWU been a crime ? 😉

• Haha 4

16 hours ago, Mark Albrighton said:

I went to school with an Alan Partridge. The express & star went so far as running an article about him having the same name.

Less unusual I also went to school with Chris Martin and used to live next door to Terry and June.

I went to Frank Spencer’s wedding - sadly the bride wasn’t a Betty! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, rjw63 said:

We have moved house today and before we did I checked the crime rates.

Where we lived previously the month had  233 crimes.

Where we are now there were eight.

That's cause for celebration.

Great stuff.  Gives you a whole new set of less prepared houses to have a crack at 😋

3 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

Not for your new neighbours once you settle in and get up to speed again

Damn you. Damn you to hell. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, rjw63 said:

We have moved house today and before we did I checked the crime rates.

Where we lived previously the month had  233 crimes.

Where we are now there were eight.

That's cause for celebration.

Do your new neighbours like the smell of Napalm Death Curry in the air and the sounds of MOR pseudo surf music?

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, bickster said:

Do your new neighbours like the smell of Napalm Death Curry in the air and the sounds of MOR pseudo surf music?

Tough if they don't 😁

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, sidcow said:

Great stuff.  Gives you a whole new set of less prepared houses to have a crack at 😋

ABH with intent is more my MO

😇

Â