Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

2 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

Judging by the week I've spent in the new village it appears that the majority of local women are a lot more attractive than where I used to live. Which is nice. 

XVpREpjh.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

Judging by the week I've spent in the new village it appears that the majority of local women are a lot more attractive than where I used to live. Which is nice. 

village-women.jpg

• Haha 2

On 21/05/2021 at 14:42, trekka said:

Receiving a letter from the Student Loan Company stating that I need to contact them as I'm due to finish paying soon and they don't want me to overpay.  I've treated it as a tax on my wages for the past 10 years and finally it is coming to an end!  Having studied 2 full degrees, I had a large debt but now that the payments are ending,  I suddenly feel like I have a pay rise :)

I had this moment a few years ago and it was glorious. I was lucky that my student loan wasn't that big, but it still took me 10 years to pay it off.

And I did overpay which was brilliant. Because not only did I get the news that I'd paid it off, I got a few hundred quid back as well!

• Like 1

Never even had a foot on the ladder. No savings and few possessions but a head full of survival knowledge and 3 working eyes.

Aliens can't destroy what I don't have so I'm Apocalypse proof.😉

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

Wait till you pay off your mortgage. It was like a £7000 a year pay rise for me. 

10 months left. Cannot wait to spend all that extra cash on gold helicopters.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Genie said:

34 years? 😲

If I'm being honest, I have no idea. My wife's in charge of all that and when she tells me about it I block it out.

Definitely minimum of 25 years left.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Paddywhack said:

If I'm being honest, I have no idea. My wife's in charge of all that and when she tells me about it I block it out.

Definitely minimum of 25 years left.

I reset mine to 25 when we moved 3 years ago.

The wife had a loan for her car which expires this summer, she says she’s gonna pay it towards overpaying in the mortgage so that should shave some years off it.

The plan is to pay it off in around 16/17 years which puts me 55ish and mortgage free. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Genie said:

34 years? 😲

I was sat there trying to work that one out to. 

I've got 300 months left to pay off as we've only just moved. My outstanding mortgage literally tripled this week. 

Good thing we'll likely be moving again in 5 years or so. 

Edited by Rds1983

18 years left on mine.... although i'm in a lucky position that I could pay it off if I needed to. I prefer the buffer of having the available funds though plus the interest rate on my mortgage is very low. 

I appreciate I'm in a good position. The benefits of not having kids! 

• Like 1

Â