Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Is that for gas and electric? Or is your apartment all electric?

My bill for gas and electric is £55 per month and hasn't changed really in a 5 years. I give readings every few months and the DD may go up a couple of quid either way but nothing major. 

All electric but I admit that my consumption has gone up over the past year (for obvious reasons) - I have 2 computers running all day as well as lamps etc.  

59 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Finally, some nice weather. Actually starting to burn, so into the summer house for a respite. With a cold beer. 

IMG20210530152817.jpg

I can't stay in the sun for more than 20 minutes without turning into a lobster.   Spent the day sitting in a deckchair for 5 minutes then back into the house for half an hour. 

Unfortunately my mother in law died recently, funeral was on Friday.  Had a small family wake in their garden afterwards.  Even though it was overcast after half an hour I could feel myself burning to a crisp.  Fortunately I always keep a spare baseball cap in the car so there I was in my full suit and baseball cap. 

I was thinking of using some of the inheritance to get a summer house/home office. That one you have there looks a beaut. 

There was one here when we moved in but it was very old and we had to demolish it when we had an extension anyway. 

Edited by sidcow

Looks fantastic that @mjmooney

I love the sunshine and being out in it. Being in a flat makes me feel like a animal locked up in a zoo, when we have nice days. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I can't stay in the sun for more than 20 minutes without turning into a lobster.   Spent the day sitting in a deckchair for 5 minutes then back into the house for half an hour. 

Unfortunately my mother in law died recently, funeral was on Friday.  Had a small family wake in their garden afterwards.  Even though it was overcast after half an hour I could feel myself burning to a crisp.  Fortunately I always keep a spare baseball cap in the car so there I was in my full suit and baseball cap. 

I was thinking of using some of the inheritance to get a summer house/home office. That one you have there looks a beaut. 

There was one here when we moved in but it was very old and we had to demolish it when we had an extension anway. 

Nah, don’t waste it mate. Spend it on slow horses, fast women and cocaine 

• Like 1

There are fewer greater pleasures than good music, cold beer, and sitting out in the sun on a day like today.

I hope everyone remembered to put on their sun lotion :) 

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

There are fewer greater pleasures than good music, cold beer, and sitting out in the sun on a day like today.

I hope everyone remembered to put on their sun lotion :) 

Was just going to say, warm weather.

Now we've moved we can actually go outside and enjoy it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

It's great, really glad we did it. We were going to get a smaller one, but then thought sod it, and went for the top of the range, ran power out to it, the lot. It was a bugger to paint, though. 

• Like 1

I'm going to try and Air Bnb the house for the summer and possibly longer while I stay in the apartment above my mother's house. I'm buying the place with some furniture included, so there will be minimal prep work involved.

Edit, this was meant for house thread 

Edited by maqroll
  • Like 1

Watching the birds empty the feeders I've put on the tree outside the house 

So far we've had hedge sparrows, coal tits, a nuthatch, Robin, blue tit, great tit and the usual floor dwellers whopick up what drops...blackbird and wood pigeon. 

Wife also claims to have seen the great spotted woodpecker we saw when we came to view in February.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, rjw63 said:

Watching the birds empty the feeders I've put on the tree outside the house 

So far we've had hedge sparrows, coal tits, a nuthatch, Robin, blue tit, great tit and the usual floor dwellers whopick up what drops...blackbird and wood pigeon. 

Wife also claims to have seen the great spotted woodpecker we saw when we came to view in February.

Try putting out some mealworms.  They go insane for them. I've found those and black sunflower seeds are the biggest draw. 

We've also got a peanut feeder but they ignore it to such an extent that they just end up rotting in there. 

I've seen Greater Spotted and Green Woodpeckers in the garden. We have a long garden as do all the houses around us that form the square of gardens and at the bottom of all of them are a load of trees including about 10 large Oaks so it's almost a mini wood, and the birds are everywhere. 

I absolutely love sitting on a bench we have at the bottom of the garden because it feels really secluded, almost like you are sitting in a wood.   Only problem is the insects in the evening! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

Give it a rest man, obsessed.

I preferred @rjw63 when he had bad neighbours! :D 

Edited by Xela
  • Haha 1

Â