Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

I didn't even realise you could get a mortgage for more than 25 years! 

I've got about 15 years left as we reset to 25 years when we last moved.  I am over paying a tinsy bit and should really increase that particularly whilst interest rates remain so very low.  Will lessen the pain when they finally increase. 

20 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I didn't even realise you could get a mortgage for more than 25 years! 

Some will go up to 40 years and fund until you are 85 years old

Anything to keep the inflated house market alive. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Xela said:

Some will go up to 40 years and fund until you are 85 years old

Anything to keep the inflated house market alive. 

Well yeah, that would do it. 

Would be interesting so see where house prices would be if you could only borrow 2.5 times your income (like you used to) and only over 25 years.  As you say all these measures simply artificially increase prices because you can borrow so much more. 

I’d be happy just to get a mortgage. Phone call from estate agent today to tell us we didn’t get the house we had fallen in love with and had bid £10,000 over asking price. **** hate this country. Fed up of looking at houses now. Just have no energy or fight left anymore. 

Edited by Ingram85
  • Sad 3

1 minute ago, Ingram85 said:

I’d be happy just to get a mortgage. Phone call from estate agent today to tell us we didn’t get the house we had fallen in love with and had bid £10,000 over asking price. **** hate this country. Fed up of looking at houses now. Just have no energy or fight left anymore. 

Is there any new builds your way? I know they’re not for everyone but at least you know the price is what it is, and you’re dealing with them directly. 

2 hours ago, Xela said:

18 years left on mine.... although i'm in a lucky position that I could pay it off if I needed to. I prefer the buffer of having the available funds though plus the interest rate on my mortgage is very low. 

I appreciate I'm in a good position. The benefits of not having kids! 

Seimilar here. I have about 15 years left, but I'm on track to have enough in investments that I could pay it off in a lump sum within the next 18 months. At that point, it'll be very difficult to make the decision of whether to keep working so I can fully retire much earlier, or just go part time and essentially be semi-retired before I'm 40.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

It might calm down a bit when the stamp duty holiday expires and furlough ends. The market is just crazy at the minute. 

6 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Seimilar here. I have about 15 years left, but I'm on track to have enough in investments that I could pay it off in a lump sum within the next 18 months. At that point, it'll be very difficult to make the decision of whether to keep working so I can fully retire much earlier, or just go part time and essentially be semi-retired before I'm 40.

Its a good position to be in. I'm a bit older than you so i'm aiming for 50yo to be in a position to wind down and give the middle finger to the 5 day working week.

I'm trying to embrace the whole FIRE movement at the moment. 

• Like 1

As much as work annoys me at times, I think I’d get bored if I retired too early. Fair play to anyone who’s got themselves in a position to retire early. I mean semi retiring before 40? Wow, fair play . In my head I’d like to go part time at 60. I think I’ll be in the position to do that touch wood, but you never know what’s round the corner . Work keeps me sane and also it makes me appreciate my days off more. 

• Like 3

Just watching a Sparrowhawk in the garden. There's plenty around these parts but they rarely venture into peoples gardens

It was only there a minute or so but just great to see and luckily it didnt spot the pigeon nesting above one of our security lights

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bickster said:

Just watching a Sparrowhawk in the garden. There's plenty around these parts but they rarely venture into peoples gardens

It was only there a minute or so but just great to see and luckily it didnt spot the pigeon nesting above one of our security lights

Like your style . Let the pigeons nest and lay it’s eggs, then the bigger the pigeon pie. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Rugeley Villa said:

As much as work annoys me at times, I think I’d get bored if I retired too early. Fair play to anyone who’s got themselves in a position to retire early. I mean semi retiring before 40? Wow, fair play . In my head I’d like to go part time at 60. I think I’ll be in the position to do that touch wood, but you never know what’s round the corner . Work keeps me sane and also it makes me appreciate my days off more. 

Work It Dancing GIF by Amanda Cee Media

Again. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, bickster said:

I've seen a couple of sparrowhawk attacks in my garden in Shirley but there are a lot of trees in the square of gardens. Loads of targets and lots of cover. 

Carol Vorderman's Sun Life Funeral Plan adverts.

If you're gonna die might as well "shuffle off" looking at her tits 😛

4 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Are they actually hers though? 

Just now, rjw63 said:

Need a closer look for a definitive answer

If I'm totally honest, when considering the things which might be flashing before my eyes as I shuffle off this mortal coil, I'm really really hoping for a gawp at Rachel Rileys jubblies rather than Carol Vorderman's. 

8 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Lenny Bruce did a routine about being rushed to hospital in an ambulance after a heartattack, and still being impressed by the nurse's tits. 

• Like 2

Â