Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

1 hour ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

I'm confused,  the librarian was a tape worm who you had a energetic liaison with , maybe dinner or similar?  if so that works & I get it,  no problems there.

Otherwise it would be squashed by the books ?

It was retraining to be a bookmark and we just sort of hit it off. I didn't think I'd have the stomach for it, but once I overcame my fear of swallowing, it just sort of grew.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, theboyangel said:

My mates lad made his first league appearance off the bench for Notlob this afternoon.

sure, their current predicament has given him this opportunity early (he’s only 18) but chuffed for him and his parents. 

I did wonder if they'd employ the rare 3-2-2 formation. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, theboyangel said:

Awful situation for the club to be in. Have to feel for the fans. 

I don't know where Bolton are at these days. Don't really care either.

But I do remember a goal they scored in the top flight, can't recall the players names involved though.

Honestly, and surprisingly, one of the nicest and well executed passing sequences I've seen for a simple but skilled finish.

They say Arsenal pass it into the net. Well, this made Arsenal's build up play look convoluted and OTT.

Bolton used the perfect combination of width and directness to dance their way through their opponent's lines.

Think it might've won goal of the year, or certainly was a contender.

Decent standard Street Fighter 3 play is so good. Possibly the best looking pixel art game and possibly the best fighting game mechanics.

Incidentally it's the finals of Evo, the premiere fighting game event, today, and although the reigning Street Fighter champion, who is a Brit, was knocked out, another British guy is in the finals.

Just beautiful!

43060753_10216602614959224_4423823470295

Today I was running low on pencils so I asked all of my kids to pull out any of my pencils that they had in their desks. I had one student ask me if he could keep his pencils that his mom gave him for school. Of course, I said yes. He then said, “well, I guess I’ll give you a few so my classmates can have them too.” I thought nothing of it and took the pencils that he handed me. When I was sharpening them, I noticed writing on a few of them. I then realized that my student’s mother took the time to write on his pencils. I asked him if he would mind showing me the rest of them. What I read melted my heart:

- You are so talented.
- This will be a great year.
- You are creative.
- You are phenomenal.
- Never give up.
- You can do this.
- You are knowledgeable.
- You are a math whiz.
- You are intelligent.
- Proud of you everyday.
- I love you.
- You have a brilliant mind.
- You are wonderful.
- You are a problem solver.
- Follow your dreams.
- You are perfect.
- I am proud of you.
- You will change the world.
- You are amazing.
- You are the best.
- You are important.

This probably took his mom a few minutes to do yet it lit up his whole day at school. He wasn’t embarrassed that his mom wrote on his pencils. Thanks to his mom, he was reminded of his self worth and wanted to share the same feeling with his classmates. THESE are the things that we should be reminding our kids (both parents AND teachers). Imagine the look on a child’s face when they are reminded that they are important, talented, loved, knowledgeable and so much more. Help them know that someone believes in them and is proud of them in everything they do. Even if you think it is cheesy or you don’t have enough time or that you will have little impact, remember that you may be the only one telling and reminding them these things and EVERY kid needs to know their value. This is why I teach.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10216602614919223&set=a.1681580600763&type=3&theater

Edited by A'Villan
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, trekka said:

My Mother for being the superstar that she is, and for the NHS for the fantastic care they have given so far.  I've been up in Brum for the past week as she underwent cancer removal surgery on her lung and following recovery.  Whilst it was scary (she was in the High Dependency Unit, with a lovely team supporting her), she has never grumbled during the grueling chemo and following surgery and continues to carry a smile throughout.  She is back home now (as of today) and grows stronger every day :).

The oncology team at the QE and the staff at Heartlands have been brilliant.  She'll continue to need their support but in the meantime, thank you, NHS. 

Brilliant.  Sorry to hear the bad news but glad Mamma Trekka is doing well.

• Like 1

On 12/08/2019 at 19:49, chrisp65 said:

turns to weapon grade shite after that though

If it makes money for Geoff Barrow and his label (Invada) I'm all for it

EDIT:Just realised you are on about the music from album not the Soundtrack... you are correct Chris, it jumps off a cliff after track one

• Like 1

Â