Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

34 minutes ago, snowychap said:

Hadn't seen the county's result.

Nice!

I should have said Birmingham instead of Warwickshire

I should have also said smashed instead of beat :cheers:

• Haha 1

1st time since 2016 (Feb(I think?) ) we wake up with 3 Prem points in the bag.

We can look back on the journey from there to here,  it's been tough, real tough but f***,  that game last night was amazing.  I had it LOUD on the surround,  amazing.

However, we are back and we can all watch the footie over the next few days with a beer and a smile.

I am F******* buzzin today.  I couldn't get to sleep for ages,  we are an hour ahead so the games finish late.

And remember,  Jota.  Thanks small heath words removed,  yeah you are all correct,  he can't even kick a ball you useless words removed.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

Finding out that Sidney Poitier was alive and well. I thought he had died at least 10 years ago. He's 92 now mind so hope I havent jinxed him.

Good tip for next year's deadpool if he makes it to the end of 2019.

• Like 1

I'm going through the steps of remortgaging for the first time, and due to it coinciding with my student loan being paid off, and having a couple of decent payrises since I took out the first deal, I can bump up the payments by enough to shorten the term so that I'm mortgage free by the time I'm 40, keeping outgoings roughly the same. Feels good. :D 

• Like 4

19 hours ago, wazzap24 said:

Saw a bloke out walking earlier, casually strolling along with his mrs, kids and a massive parrot on his shoulder. 

I was with you,  almost all the way until I got to "Massive". 

Can you specify massive in terms of head / bird ratio,  e.g 3:1 ? Was he a "little fella" ?

7 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

I was with you,  almost all the way until I got to "Massive". 

Can you specify massive in terms of head / bird ratio,  e.g 3:1 ? Was he a "little fella" ?

I tried to get a photo, but I was driving. 

It was unreal. 

I’d estimate about 2x the height of the blokes head. 

I thought it was a stuffed one at first and he was on the way to a fancy dress party, but then the parrot started moving and looking around. The bloke didn’t have a peg-leg or hook-hand either. 

Best thing I’ve seen since the video of a bloke up north walking an Emu on a lead 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

For anyone who has never seen said video of a man walking an Emu on a lead, please Google - ‘Emu on a lead’ 

You won’t regret it, but there is some fruity language contained within. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, wazzap24 said:

For anyone who has never seen said video of a man walking an Emu on a lead, please Google - ‘Emu on a lead’ 

You won’t regret it, but there is some fruity language contained within. 

Fun and true fact. I've been first hand witness to it..

If you lie on your back and move your legs as if you were riding a bicycle, emus are attracted to you and will walk over guaranteed.

I was at an open range zoo, and a friend randomly lies on his back and does the leg motions, I ask what the hell he is doing..

"It's a thing, I want to know if it works he says"

And what do you know, the emus come over to him from about 20meters away.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Â