Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

Bicks 7 - 0 CPM UK Car Park Management Ltfd / Trace Debt Recovery

(awaiting VAR on the 8th)

getting tedious now, having the same bullshit conversation every time...

Me: Your entry clock is wrong

Them: We can see no evidence of this

Me: This is the eighth instance and I have records of every occasion and every quashed ticket, including GPS tracking and booking history of the vehicle concerned at the time

Them: We can see no evidence of the clock being wrong.

Me: Would you like to test this in court, I have enough cases to prove this, go on I could do with a day away from my desk costing you lots of money, I'm no longer prepared to jump through your silly hoops as I have everything I need to go to court, shall we set a date?

Them: We need that in PDF format

Me: no you don't cancel the ticket or take us to court

Driver: thanks, they've cancelled the ticket, couldn't have done it without you....

So at work we're transitioning to "smart working" meaning they're redesigning the floor space.  Today, the "fun police" came around and told me (for my team) that we're not allowed to keep a bookcase of books (ones that we refer to) and anything not moved to secure lockers etc will be removed / thrown away.  Cue me in my best Sean Connery voice to proclaim "Goose-stepping morons like yourself should read books instead of burning them!".  They saw the funny side (thankfully) and it tickled my team.  We've now been given grace to sort them out with a promise that we'll be allocated a small space to use for such material. A win of sorts :)

Edited by trekka

25 minutes ago, trekka said:

So at work we're transitioning to "smart working" meaning they're redesigning the floor space.  Today, the "fun police" came around and told me (for my team) that we're not allowed to keep a bookcase of books (ones that we refer to) and anything not moved to secure lockers etc will be removed / thrown away.  Cue me in my best Sean Connery voice to proclaim "Goose-stepping morons like yourself should read books instead of burning them!".  They saw the funny side (thankfully) and it tickled my team.  We've now been given grace to sort them out with a promise that we'll be allocated a small space to use for such material. A win of sorts :)

That wouldn't cheer me up.  It's ironic that 'smart working' requires becoming thicker (removing books) :bang:

5 minutes ago, BOF said:

That wouldn't cheer me up.  It's ironic that 'smart working' requires becoming thicker (removing books) :bang:

I agree about the sentiment and there's a lot of unfeeling about it all.  The problem is that the allocated "library" doesn't really have any space at all and we must make room so they say.  I'll take it as a "cheer me up" moment in the meantime though as I'm not now immediately in danger of losing the books and it seems they're feeding back to the powers that be.  I'll keep pestering them too!

I do enjoy it when I see FB posts from my ex-workmates bitching about the horrors of work, moronic management, etc. - and I can reply with stuff like: "Well, I'll just carry on networking with this cold beer", etc. 

The more "**** off Mooney, you bastard" replies I get, the better.   :)

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

I do enjoy it when I see FB posts from my ex-workmates bitching about the horrors of work, moronic management, etc. - and I can reply with stuff like: "Well, I'll just carry on networking with this cold beer", etc. 

The more "**** off Mooney, you bastard" replies I get, the better.   :)

:angry:

I've had a mare of a day. Why do all corporate takeovers happen on a Friday when no-one is about to sign all the legal paperwork?!

Work tablet and phone now switched off and in the spare room out of sight!

10 hours ago, A'Villan said:

This is a must watch, if you haven't seen it already, even if you have..

Seen this before and it amazes me every time. Always brings a tear to my eye too. It’s not all bad is it, this world we live in. 

• Like 1

This cheers me up immensely. Some proper music dominating for once. Well deserved too.

Entertainment & Arts

Slipknot dethrone Ed Sheeran in UK album chart

16 August 2019

_108342204_taylorgetty.jpg

We Are Not Your Kind is Slipknot's first studio album for five years

Slipknot have become the first metal band to have a UK number one album for almost four years.

The Iowa band's sixth LP, We Are Not Your Kind, has gone straight in at the summit, knocking Ed Sheeran's collaborations LP off the top spot.

It is also the band's first chart-topping album for 18 years in the UK, after 2001's Iowa......

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-49372122

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Hmmm, Slipknot or Ed Sheeran? That's like choosing between dysentery and cbolera. 

Although tbh, I'd rather listen to either of them than any hip hop recording. 

13 hours ago, A'Villan said:

This is a must watch, if you haven't seen it already, even if you have..

"He even introduced them to his wife"

I can see it now: 

"Hey, Sharon! Come over here and meet these blokes! No, wait, not eat! Meet! Oh, FFS..." 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Â