Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

Meh, I detest it but if people like it then fair enough. I just don't watch it. Theres loads of things on TV and it's easy to not watch ITV anyway. Just change the channel. Simple.

I reckon YouTube is my most watched thing now, theres loads of excellent independent content makers doing all sorts of stuff in all types of genres on there that I'd never get bored. Whether it's a short video or a proper hours long documentary. Its awesome.

Edited by Ingram85
  • Like 2

Just now, Ingram85 said:

Meh, I detest it but if people like it then fair enough. I just don't watch it. Theres loads of things on TV and it's easy to not watch ITV anyway. Just change the channel. Simple.

I reckon YouTube is my most watched thing now, theres loads of excellent independent content makers doing all sorts of stuff in all types of genres on there that I'd never get bored. Whether it's a short video or a proper hours long documentary. Its awesome.

I'm probably the same to be honest. Certainly when I'm on my own I watch more YouTube than Television. 

TV probably still wins overall because of what I watch with the OH. Bit of a hard sell to convince her to watch a video on YouTube of a guy dropping an anvil off a 40 metre tower onto a safe.

• Like 1

Just now, Stevo985 said:

I'm probably the same to be honest. Certainly when I'm on my own I watch more YouTube than Television. 

TV probably still wins overall because of what I watch with the OH. Bit of a hard sell to convince her to watch a video on YouTube of a guy dropping an anvil off a 40 metre tower onto a safe.

You watch How Ridiculous too?!

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

I've never watched it but I'm afraid I might like it, so I avoid it and just mock those who watch it to make myself feel superior.  Works pretty good :thumb:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BOF said:

I've never watched it but I'm afraid I might like it, so I avoid it and just mock those who watch it to make myself feel superior.  Works pretty good :thumb:

I imagine this is most people’s opinion. 

I bet most people who hate it have never watched it. 

To be fair I’m like that with other TV shows so can’t complain

4 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Same. If wife isn't home I tend to watch YouTube. 

19 hours ago, BOF said:

The #avfc community's reaction on twitter to Sam Allardyce & Alan purple Brazil's comments on Villa's transfer dealings so far this window.  As if it's news that TalkSport is an agent provocateur that's solely there to troll, stir up reaction and get people phoning in.  Makes me smile.

They are shameless.

In the morning its terrible for the game that teams like Villa spend so much on getting their squad prepared for the big time.

In the afternoon clubs like Arsenal, Spurs and Newcastle are a disgrace for not spending money.

Its hilarious that people still take it seriously.

13 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I imagine this is most people’s opinion. 

I bet most people who hate it have never watched it. 

To be fair I’m like that with other TV shows so can’t complain

I watch it most nights with the OH. It is easy to watch. Wouldn't say I love it, and I don't tend to watch it when she's out but its fun to watch sometimes.

I'm also saving up credits for when the football season re-starts ".... oh yeah love, football again, are you kidding? I've had to sit through Love Island every night all summer..." 😄

• Like 1

On 23/07/2019 at 23:38, chrisp65 said:

awesome show of sheet lightning going on at the moment, everyone perched on doorsteps watching it

it's just like the whole sky strobing

fully expect martian tripods tomorrow

davis_sheeeit.jpg

• Haha 2

As a child we were on some outing with some relatives and one of them threw their lolly pop stick on the floor, and we all looked aghast, and then it was explained that because it was made of wood, it was okay, so we all threw our lolly pop sticks on the floor. For some reason at the time that really cheered me up.

7 hours ago, Davkaus said:

I was about to rage quit a third supermarket that had closed all of their fridges and freezers, when all I wanted was some ice cream. When suddenly, off to a tiny ignored section of the shop, I saw a free from freezer full of vegan ice cream.

Image result for smug grin gif

For anyone about to post "not real ice cream though, is it?", save us both a post by just telling yourself to go **** yourself on my behalf, and we'll both move on. ;) 

I thoroughly respect the pre-empted retort with the pre-pre-empted-f*ckyoutort :thumb:

• Thanks 1

On the ice cream topic, last week the wife says she really fancies a white chocolate magnum. Being the good husband I am I pop to the local Spar. They are £2 each, a little steep but not horrendous. Then it popped into my head to check the main freezers to see if they have a multipack. They do, £2 for four. Bloody delighted I was. Bought 2 boxes.

• Like 1

Â