Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

6 hours ago, Genie said:

On the ice cream topic, last week the wife says she really fancies a white chocolate magnum. Being the good husband I am I pop to the local Spar. They are £2 each, a little steep but not horrendous. Then it popped into my head to check the main freezers to see if they have a multipack. They do, £2 for four. Bloody delighted I was. Bought 2 boxes.

I bought a Magnum yesterday in Poundland (for £1) which was great, except the self checkout's voice was set to a really bad Yoda voice which pissed me off just waiting in the queue, I can't imagine how annoying it must be for the staff who have to supervise the machines.

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

Are you anywhere near The Bridge? 

If you blow up that picture to original size you can see the towers above the left stone pier, just at the end, and the span across the water :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Seeing this stuff back on sale after being discontinued a few years ago. For me, it's like black crack 😮😀 ( i mean it's addictive  !). Unopened jars were going for £30+  on ebay until recently. Only available in Tesco apparently:

Screenshot_20190726-192309_eBay.jpg

Edited by mottaloo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

2019 has been quite a difficult and stressful year for me, arguably the worst of my adult life. Today I had probably my proudest moment on a personal level, collecting the keys for my first home. I don't have anything there yet. But I went after work and just sat on the living room floor for over an hour. It was great.

Great news mate! :cheers:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kurtsimonw said:

2019 has been quite a difficult and stressful year for me, arguably the worst of my adult life. Today I had probably my proudest moment on a personal level, collecting the keys for my first home. I don't have anything there yet. But I went after work and just sat on the living room floor for over an hour. It was great.

Absolutely fantastic.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mottaloo said:

Seeing this stuff back on sale after being discontinued a few years ago. For me, it's like black crack 😮😀 ( i mean it's addictive  !). Unopened jars were going for £30+  on ebay until recently. Only available in Tesco apparently:

Screenshot_20190726-192309_eBay.jpg

Ooh, excellent, must try and get some. If they ever reissue the Marmite with champagne, however, give it a wide berth, it's horrible. 

• Thanks 1

On 26/07/2019 at 20:26, mottaloo said:

not sure why it took so long but I have recently discovered the joys of marmite cheese on toast and theres no looking back

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, brommy said:

My 50th birthday today. Day off work. Wife currently cooking a full English. Thai meal out with the family tonight. Flying to Vienna on Friday with best mate of 42 years, who is 50 on Thursday. Life’s good and it’s not even a Wednesday!

Your life's so good, I hope a pigeon poops on you, to bring you back down to earth with a BANG.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, brommy said:

My 50th birthday today. Day off work. Wife currently cooking a full English. Thai meal out with the family tonight. Flying to Vienna on Friday with best mate of 42 years, who is 50 on Thursday. Life’s good and it’s not even a Wednesday!

I'm on my first full week back at work after a holiday so you can piss off with this sort of joy :D 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

I have been watching a lot of Japanese videos about culture and food and stuff on YouTube the last few months, mainly 'Only in Japan' and 'TabiEats', now and again the missus' lad watches a few with me but outside of that never talks about it. 

Anyway, me and a friend were going to Yo! Sushi in bullring for lunch today and he asked to come at the last minute. Okay. So we sat down and picked up a few things and out of nowhere he started using the chopsticks like a pro, asked the staff to bring him some takoyaki (fried octopus doughballs) and Ramune and then the best bit, he busted out the 'itadakimasu' phrase before eating. He's 9 years old and this was all unprompted. Was awesome to see. My mate was looking at me and just laughing at the situation. Funny as ****. 

We just got home not long ago and I asked how he knew all that and he showed me his YouTube history and he's been watching all the same videos as me on his own on the sly. Proper funny little chap 😂

If he didn't sellotape his eyes to look more "Asian" then frankly, he has a long way to go Ingram.

That's what @Rob182 used to do when he used to watch his mountain of Jackie Chan videos. 

(please note, I am aware Jackie Chan is from Pakistan, not Japan, I'm not that much of an ignoramus, thank you very much). 

Hehe Raccoon GIF - Hehe Raccoon Ornery GIFs

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

If he didn't sellotape his eyes to look more "Asian" then frankly, he has a long way to go Ingram.

That's what @Rob182 used to do when he used to watch his mountain of Jackie Chan videos. 

(please note, I am aware Jackie Chan is from Pakistan, not Japan, I'm not that much of an ignoramus, thank you very much). 

Reveal hidden contents

Ol' Racist Ramen Rice cracker Rob? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 26/07/2019 at 20:58, kurtsimonw said:

Love this, it's a great feeling!

2 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

I have been watching a lot of Japanese videos about culture and food and stuff on YouTube the last few months, mainly 'Only in Japan' and 'TabiEats', now and again the missus' lad watches a few with me but outside of that never talks about it. 

Anyway, me and a friend were going to Yo! Sushi in bullring for lunch today and he asked to come at the last minute. Okay. So we sat down and picked up a few things and out of nowhere he started using the chopsticks like a pro, asked the staff to bring him some takoyaki (fried octopus doughballs) and Ramune and then the best bit, he busted out the 'itadakimasu' phrase before eating. He's 9 years old and this was all unprompted. Was awesome to see. My mate was looking at me and just laughing at the situation. Funny as ****. 

We just got home not long ago and I asked how he knew all that and he showed me his YouTube history and he's been watching all the same videos as me on his own on the sly. Proper funny little chap 😂

Won't be long before you're having 'the chat'

"They're not pixelated".

• Haha 4

28 minutes ago, BOF said:

Won't be long before you're having 'the chat'

"They're not pixelated".

"The squid alien is just making sure the schoolgirl is ok that's all".

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

Reveal hidden contents

I feel I should clear a few things up here.

1) I never used to sellotape my eyes.

2) Yes, I was a big fan of Jackie Chan and had about 20 of his films on VHS.

3) My obsession with him lead to me wanting to be a stuntman, and THAT’s why I used to film myself jumping around in the garden in a leotard.

Alright?!

Oh, you didn’t mention the leotard

• Haha 3

Â