Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

12 hours ago, mottaloo said:

Nice one !

Ok.....did anyone else put their previous cars' reg plates in to see what became of them ? Surely not just me then ?

Most of mine were scrapped so no point! I had one car from new, a Merc with the reg KU06 KLC. I got rid of it in April 08. It never got as far as its first MOT in 2009 (unless it was moved onto a private plate?)

On 19/08/2019 at 08:41, Davkaus said:

I've been having some knee pain for a while. I rested it for a week and went to see my GP, because have don't have physio self-referral here, they told me to piss off for another couple of weeks. Great service. Went back, and they begrudgingly offered me a physio referral but mentioned it'd take 4-6 weeks to go through.

Earlier this morning I remembered my employer gives me private cover. Called them up, had a quick chat with a GP over the phone, was immediately referred to an orthopedic consultant. They called me back, and asked if I could pop in for an MRI later this afternoon. 

Bollocks to my GP.

Tory voter.

• Haha 2

46 minutes ago, villakram said:

Tory voter.

Genuinely made me laugh out loud.

I think I'd be the only pro-lgbt, vegan, guardian member tory voter that wants to renationalise the railways and utility companies.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Genuinely made me laugh out loud.

I think I'd be the only pro-lgbt, vegan, guardian member tory voter that wants to renationalise the railways and utility companies.

The lady doth protest too much. 

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, snowychap said:

Depending upon which side of whose bed he got out of:

boris-johnson.jpg&f=1

I still sometimes wake up, stare at the ceiling, and think "**** me, Boris is actually the Prime Minister". 

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I still sometimes wake up, stare at the ceiling, and think "**** me, Boris is actually the Prime Minister". 

For different reasons, so do more than one or two others. :lol:

Edited by snowychap

I've had a shitty job on for the last two days. Removing all the places from our system that haven't been used in 6 months. its a sodding laborious dull job that I normally palm off onto the female idiot in the IT dept because it's just about her level but she's off sick (broken arm!) so I've had to do it because it needed doing. I now realise the job is above her level as she can't even do that right. I've just removed places that I know for a fact have been closed over a decade, One of the pubs is so derelict it even has trees growing out of the roof

But anyway I digress, I've finished it and this pleases me

11 minutes ago, bickster said:

I've had a shitty job on for the last two days. Removing all the places from our system that haven't been used in 6 months. its a sodding laborious dull job that I normally palm off onto the female idiot in the IT dept because it's just about her level but she's off sick (broken arm!) so I've had to do it because it needed doing. I now realise the job is above her level as she can't even do that right. I've just removed places that I know for a fact have been closed over a decade, One of the pubs is so derelict it even has trees growing out of the roof

But anyway I digress, I've finished it and this pleases me

You sound like a nice person to be around.

• Haha 3

32 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

You sound like a nice person to be around.

I don't know what has happened, but I LOVE this new Ingram guy, he's funny. 

The old one was a proper prick. 

Keep up the good work, new ingram guy!

Edited by lapal_fan
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, trekka said:

I'm ecstatic. My Mum had her follow-up session with the oncology expert today - the operation was a complete success.  There are no signs of the cancer remaining and they're pretty surprised that not even the close lymph nodes had any signs of cancer cells remaining.  She is now officially in remission and does not require any further treatment.  She still has a long recovery ahead and they're sending her as a precaution for an MRI (due to headaches) but as far as we're currently concerned she is cancer free.  Screw you, cancer. 

Over the moon for you bud! 

Haha **** off cancer! 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

Over the moon for you bud! 

Haha **** off cancer! 

Ta! :)

She was part of an immunotherapy trial alongside chemo and we were certain that is why her tumours shrunk at an incredible rate prior to surgery.  It turns out, that wasn't the case (it was a blind trial and she was on the placebo) and even the professor leading the trial at the QE told my mum that he had to ring back the research team twice to double-check before her post-op consultation.  Pretty bloody amazing! 

Again, huge thanks must be given to the NHS.  My mum was looked after by a lovely nurse throughout named Pam (who acted as the research assistant) who even rang the family home mere hours after the surgery to reassure us that she had spoken to the surgeon, things had gone well, and she would look forward to seeing her again personally to say well done.  

Edited by trekka
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, mottaloo said:

Great to hear that @trekka. I'm at QE on tues for my latest check up. "In remission" are two of the sweetest words i have ever heard.

Regards to your mum :)

All the best to you, too :) 

• Thanks 1

Â