Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

2 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

Michael Sheen has never really registered on my radar. I've known of him and he's appeared to be a broadly ok sort of person.

But yeah, seeing the personal effort he's put in to this over the last week alone has been an eye opener. He might just be the nicest person in Britain. I mean, ignoring the financial contribution, he's been there being the token celebrity at the head of the parade, or giving a speech. In between times, he's been genuinely working behind the scenes. Not just on his phone working his contacts or whatever they do, but carrying cones from A to B. Filling jugs of water, giving people directions.

Everything 'free'. Free entry, free football, free bands, free talks, kids amusements, games. A week long completely free event.

One of my favourite actors, and also happens to be a great person, so yeah you need to get him on your radar more :)

• Like 1

18 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

Michael Sheen has never really registered on my radar. I've known of him and he's appeared to be a broadly ok sort of person.

But yeah, seeing the personal effort he's put in to this over the last week alone has been an eye opener. He might just be the nicest person in Britain. I mean, ignoring the financial contribution, he's been there being the token celebrity at the head of the parade, or giving a speech. In between times, he's been genuinely working behind the scenes. Not just on his phone working his contacts or whatever they do, but carrying cones from A to B. Filling jugs of water, giving people directions.

Everything 'free'. Free entry, free football, free bands, free talks, kids amusements, games. A week long completely free event.

I have a long held hatred of celebrities getting new year honours for doing their **** job. This work, this lack of him kicking a football round with some African children for Comic Relief, gets on my approved list. 

• Like 2

Was finishing a cigarette on my break at uni some weeks back and two special needs people come my way.

One boy, one girl, and they are all over each other embracing while walking my way, zero care factor for public displays.

Anyway, the male looks me dead in the eyes and says, " I just did her up the bum!" with such conviction and sincerity.

All I could think was.. "I bet you did my friend, I bet you did."

Go back into the building to meet up with the girls from class, and and maybe 10 minutes later the girls are getting giggly about something.

Well, well, these two lovebirds are going hammer and tongs on one of those massage chairs in the middle of the main building block where the library is.

Society has it's head so far it's own ass in regards to what is acceptable behaviour and conduct.

Get a job, pay your interest to the bank, tax to the government and if you've not had enough of that, your surplus funds gambling in some way. Becoming behaviour all that.

While I wasn't all that interested in observing them in action, it was momentarily refreshing to see two people expressing their affections freely and openly.

Everyone deserves to get theirs.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

Was finishing a cigarette on my break at uni some weeks back and two special needs people come my way.

One boy, one girl, and they are all over each other embracing while walking my way, zero care factor for public displays.

Anyway, the male looks me dead in the eyes and says, " I just did her up the bum!" with such conviction and sincerity.

All I could think was.. "I bet you did my friend, I bet you did."

Go back into the building to meet up with the girls from class, and and maybe 10 minutes later the girls are getting giggly about something.

Well, well, these two lovebirds are going hammer and tongs on one of those massage chairs in the middle of the main building block where the library is.

Society has it's head so far it's own ass in regards to what is acceptable behaviour and conduct.

Get a job, pay your interest to the bank, tax to the government and if you've not had enough of that, your surplus funds gambling in some way. Becoming behaviour all that.

While I wasn't all that interested in observing them in action, it was momentarily refreshing to see two people expressing their affections freely and openly.

You will enjoy the honey trap thread then. 

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, A'Villan said:

I see what you are saying? So, we all quit our jobs and do women up the bum in public! Excellent! :cheers:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Xela said:

I see what you are saying? So, we all quit our jobs and do women up the bum in public! Excellent! :cheers:

FINALLY!

Someone who understands..

Just to be serious for half a second, nothing wrong with having a job.

What is the purpose of life, if not a life full of purpose?

3 minutes ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

In March I bought a belt. It had 6 holes in it. When I bought it I could barely put the pin the first hole. I'm now on the kitchen table trying to put a 7th hole in it with a swiss army knife. 

Just now, rjw63 said:

AIDS?

15d8d5cf6ec942303b50200c000771dd.jpg

slimming aids

Just now, BOF said:

AIDS is slimming AIDS.  That's why people catch it.

back in my day, we had to take a tape worm out of the library to drop a few pounds

I've not taken to these fancy new diseases.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

In March I bought a belt. It had 6 holes in it. When I bought it I could barely put the pin the first hole. I'm now on the kitchen table trying to put a 7th hole in it with a swiss army knife. 

'Now it's confirmed VT Aids and with the added bonus you don't need to eat anymore,  why not used the money saved to do up your kitchen.  You are not using it as a kitchen by all accounts and if the Aids is Bad Aids,  well,  you will need to sell soon anyway.

All the best.  Have a nice weekend.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

back in my day, we had to take a tape worm out of the library to drop a few pounds

I've not taken to these fancy new diseases.

I'm confused,  the librarian was a tape worm who you had a energetic liaison with , maybe dinner or similar?  if so that works & I get it,  no problems there.

Otherwise it would be squashed by the books ?

Edited by Amsterdam_Neil_D

Â