Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

1 hour ago, Seat68 said:

I have watched many short documentaries on the internet that lead me to believe that post people will willingly have sex with the property owner. 

You've never seen @Paddywhack's appearance, have you? 

1 hour ago, Paddywhack said:

My old racist postman, who usually gives our mail to the wrong house, has been replaced by a young, good looking lady postman.

That's @villarule123, by the way, say hi to her for me. 

Someone sent a complaining tweet to our corporate account last night and tagged... Donald Trump, Boris Johnson and BBC News into it... like they give a f**k that your taxi was late :crylaugh:Narcissist tags in two narcissists.

She's also complaining that our staff couldn't find a "well known place"in the system and being as it was yesterday I'm guessing she was in Sefton Park for LIMF and Nile Rogers. Sefton Park is a mile and half long and three quarters of a mile wide and is open with no fences around its perimeter. it's not in the system for a reason.. Oh and the entire perimeter road is shut all weekend because of the festival she was at.

Lauren Laverne's stint as host of Desert Island Discs.

Much lower quotient of people utterly lacking self awareness. Quite a while now since we've had the once regular trope of a guest saying something along the lines of 'of course we were desperately poor, we had no money and daddy knew we had to do something to get some money in, so he bought an opera house / farm / castle / sports car factory'.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

see if you can spot the point today when 'an atmosphere' descended over our lunch conversation:

me: 'yeah we flew because the ferry was 6 hours and 4 times more expensive'

elderly relative: 'you wouldn't catch me flying, too many people I know got shot down in the war'

me: 'well, you could have gone on the ferry then'

elderly relative: 'me and my brothers couldn't join the navy in the war, there just weren't enough ships because of the german u-boats'

me: 'plus of course, you were only 12 years old at the end of the war and your brothers were 10....'

It's the last bit.  Was it the last bit?  I bet it was the last bit.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

A colleague was visibly upset today. We went into caring mode and she tearfully explained that it was her brother's autopsy today. This came as a shock to us all as we didn't know he'd died. 

He hadn't. 

He was having a biopsy. 

I really think you should have stepped in here and really tried a bit harder to keep things light in what is obviously a difficult time for her.  Just make sure she knows what a "biopsy" actually is,  as we all know, they just pop out the eyes with some special spoon's so they can have a proper look in his head to see what's going on in there,  with a torch and that.  The "eyes",  they get a right good clean included make no mistake.  Popped back in,  all done.  Out patients these day's,  amazing what they can do with science.

Edited by Amsterdam_Neil_D
  • Like 1

Yeah it's mad. We were heading to bed but got stuck staring out the window just waiting for the breaking point to come. Spectacular flashes but suspiciously dry and then kaboom. Nature is very hypnotic at times. I almost get disappointed when the storm passes over too quickly 

Edited by Rodders

The #avfc community's reaction on twitter to Sam Allardyce & Alan purple Brazil's comments on Villa's transfer dealings so far this window.  As if it's news that TalkSport is an agent provocateur that's solely there to troll, stir up reaction and get people phoning in.  Makes me smile.

Â